Random NHL comments/thoughts

lordstanley

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Reinforces how devastating a move it was to select Zadina one pick ahead of Hughes.  

As bad as Pistons Darko right ahead of Carmelo, Bosh, Wade and Lions Ebron ahead of Aaron Donald, OBJ, and Lewan.

And it's not like Zadina ever even got remotely close to flashing high level NHL skill. Even when a guy fails you can usually see where the attraction was - he shows you something occasionally where you can see where the potential was. We never saw Zadina do anything on NHL ice that even teased he could be a top level player. I think there was one season Blashill did have him doing a decent job as a fore-checker (a 4th line job), but that was it.

Pretty terrible last 30 min from the Oilers. I didn't think think they where going to wake up in time to hold on in this one and that once the Panthers went 6 on 5 they'd be sure to tie it up, but pulling the goalie seemed to finally wake the Oilers up a little.

25 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Mildly shocked since I believe Markstrom turned down a trade to the Devils last season (and for anyone wondering I would guess he'd turn down a trade to Detroit).  Return is a future first (draft after the upcoming one) and a 23 year old D prospect.  So would probably be like a future first + Johansson or maybe Tuomisto.  Not a huge overpay but decent amount for a 34 year old goalie.

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Florida is giving away the Stanley Cup. Their defense looks terrible, Bobrovsky hasn't looked strong in net the last two games, and their powerplay is non-existent. Edmonton is going to win the Cup now it seems, they've got all the momentum.

if momentum existed in sports the panthers would have won in 4.  after all, they won the first three.

• Haha 1

I really think Edmonton is going to pull this off tonight. What an incredible series this has been. Some of the games haven't been the most exciting to watch as they've been one-sided affairs. But to see Edmonton battle back game by game is itself exciting as hell.

Top ESPN sports commentator Stephen A Smith
Your boy is in Florida. I’m going to Game 7. I don’t know a damn think about hockey other than the puck is black. But, dammit, everybody in the world is talking about hockey today.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I really think Edmonton is going to pull this off tonight. What an incredible series this has been. Some of the games haven't been the most exciting to watch as they've been one-sided affairs. But to see Edmonton battle back game by game is itself exciting as hell.

Bob is going to find it again.     Game 7 SO

Florida 3-0

Edited by Hongbit

On 6/21/2024 at 8:10 PM, buddha said:

if momentum existed in sports the panthers would have won in 4.  after all, they won the first three.

Yep, Florida’s 1-0 lead 5 minutes in ends momentum. The best or luckiest team will win. Whoops, 1-1.