Random NHL comments/thoughts

lordstanley

21 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

2-1 Florida after 2. Good game so far, although 2nd period didn’t sizzle like the 1st. Edmonton will be dangerous in the 3rd but will Bobrovsky slam the door?

Panthers did a phenomenal job of denying Edmonton any shots from inside the circles in the 2nd despite the Oilers commanding possession.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Florida has hardly gotten a shot on net this period, but damn what an exciting period of hockey it has been. If you don't like this, then you don't like hockey. 

Yup...that was exciting. Congrats to Florida for not totally choking.

Not any particular Panthers fan, but I love the way they attack so fearlessly on defense, all pressure all the time, never conceding an inch of ice anywhere. Of course you have to have the speed to do it, but they've built the team for it.

55 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

It's official....Kenny and the Oilers have parted ways

I wonder if part of it is because Kenny didn't want to be there when it's time for the Draisaitl and McDavid decisions come up, but probably just my own conspiracy theory.  From the rumblings I see it seems like there are going to be teams who want to bring Holland in, good luck to them.

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I wonder if part of it is because Kenny didn't want to be there when it's time for the Draisaitl and McDavid decisions come up, but probably just my own conspiracy theory.  From the rumblings I see it seems like there are going to be teams who want to bring Holland in, good luck to them.

i thought kenny would retire at this point.

im sure the players union would like him to continue handing out ridiculous contracts with no movement clauses to average players...

• Haha 1

The Sharks didn't extend Zadina a qualifying offer, talk about fumbling the bag betting on himself and terminating the Wings deal.

If I ever start feeling too good about myself I'll bring my Zadina jersey out of the closet to remind myself that I am a moron.

• Thanks 1

Looks like it’s time for Vegas to start retooling the group that got them on the map.   Marchesault, Carrier, Stephenson, Martinez all headed other places today.    I’d say the bill always comes due but knowing these guys they’ll find a way to make a splash signing somewhere.