The Gaza War

gehringer_2

If you don't like the way the board is moderated, you are free to leave. If you choose to stay, then you are obligated to abide by the established rules and preferences of those that are tabbed with moderating the forum. With that, this matter is closed and I expect no further debate regarding the moderation of this thread.

1 hour ago, microline133 said:

If you don't like the way the board is moderated, you are free to leave. If you choose to stay, then you are obligated to abide by the established rules and preferences of those that are tabbed with moderating the forum. With that, this matter is closed and I expect no further debate regarding the moderation of this thread.

What I don't like is hypocrisy or making up rules as you go, especially when they are so obviously biased to one side of the debate.  As I pointed out, there's no problems in here with calling one side terrorists or assholes, but when a Jew is called a Jew, a term even the ADL doesn't classify as antisemitic, then you suddenly care. 

But hey, having a site with fair and neutral moderation obviously isn't important around here so knock yourself out, ban me and show the 50 people who use this site just how wise and powerful the man behind the curtain really is.   

The other issue I have with regards to this Gaza debate is one around "the left" embracing violence without an acknowledgment of how the center and center left embraced violence for almost a decade in the 2000s after 9/11. Anyone remember invading Iraq? Anyone remember how many of the centrist Democratic politicians told us we had to invade Iraq otherwise we'd risk a mushroom cloud in NYC or a dirty bomb or attacks with WMDs? Anyone remember centrists being upset when we invaded Iraq and as a result, hundreds-of-thousands of Iraqi civilians were butchered and thousands of American troops lost their lives? Anyone remember centrist politicians speaking out against the US use of chemical weapons against civilians when our military used white phosphorous bombs in Fallujah? So while we can sit here and criticize actions some on the left for their embrace of violence, where is the criticism for the embrace of the worse kind of violence from centrists and center-left types who were so blood thirsty for war (or too cowardly to oppose Bush) when we invaded Iraq? What's more violent than a war? I'd say war is the ultimate example of embracing violence.

Just look at all the violent warmongers on the Iraq War Senate roll call vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/transcripts/senaterollcall_iraq101002.htm

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The other issue I have with regards to this Gaza debate is one around "the left" embracing violence without an acknowledgment of how the center and center left embraced violence for almost a decade in the 2000s after 9/11. Anyone remember invading Iraq? Anyone remember how many of the centrist Democratic politicians told us we had to invade Iraq otherwise we'd risk a mushroom cloud in NYC or a dirty bomb or attacks with WMDs? Anyone remember centrists being upset when we invaded Iraq and as a result, hundreds-of-thousands of Iraqi civilians were butchered and thousands of American troops lost their lives? Anyone remember centrist politicians speaking out against the US use of chemical weapons against civilians when our military used white phosphorous bombs in Fallujah? So while we can sit here and criticize actions some on the left for their embrace of violence, where is the criticism for the embrace of the worse kind of violence from centrists and center-left types who were so blood thirsty for war (or too cowardly to oppose Bush) when we invaded Iraq? What's more violent than a war? I'd say war is the ultimate example of embracing violence.

Just look at all the violent warmongers on the Iraq War Senate roll call vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/transcripts/senaterollcall_iraq101002.htm

Cool story bro. 

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Cool story bro. 

You're the one running around talking about the left embracing violence homie. What's more an embrace of violence than to send people off to war. If you know of something more violent than an exercise where one group of people attempt to kill another group of people let me know. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You're the one running around talking about the left embracing violence homie. What's more an embrace of violence than to send people off to war. If you know of something more violent than an exercise where one group of people attempt to kill another group of people let me know. 

Not interested in your strawman about a war that ended 13 years ago and has nothing to do with this. If you do want to relate 9/11 to this, it would be like immediately after 9/11 if a bunch of radicals in London protested Americans and businesses and harassed the Queen to demand a ceasefire even though she has called for one and doesn't control the US. Then they vote uncommitted and threaten democracy in their country. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What exactly are they even protesting about now?

Yeah but this is not picked up by MSM and they are just expressing their constitutional rights to harass and sling death threats. Really nothing to see here. 

LOL at thinking "the MSM", whatever that is, should report on a person screaming at a protest 

I noticed it was on twitter which as more users than most cable news shows which i guess are MSM have viewers 

13 minutes ago, pfife said:

LOL at thinking "the MSM", whatever that is, should report on a person screaming at a protest 

I noticed it was on twitter which as more users than most cable news shows which i guess are MSM have viewers 

NYT did report that there were protesters outside and inside at the rally and even talked to one of them. They did not report the incident in the tweet. Of course, who to choose to talk to is an editorial choice in itself.

21 minutes ago, pfife said:

Certain posters ask questions like "Who is ___ and why should I care who ___ is?" Plus they like when certain people use their constitutional rights to trample on others constitutional rights.

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Certain posters ask questions like "Who is ___ and why should I care who ___ is?" Plus they like when certain people use their constitutional rights to trample on others constitutional rights.

I'm not seeing the connection between certain posters and whether the MSM (not sure who that is) picked up the protester yelling terrible things in the video.  

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Or..... It does not fit their narrative.

Evidence of your accusation is welcome

so is evidence of who mainstream media is.   Twitter has more users than cable news shows have viewers, is popularity related to mainstreamness?

Edited by pfife

Maybe the New York Times just capitulated to the protestors?

"MIDTOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- Hours after pro-Palestinian protesters swarmed the New York Times printing facility in Queens, more than 100 demonstrators were arrested outside the newspaper's headquarters in Midtown.

Approximately 150 people flooded the lobby of the Times building in Midtown on Thursday morning around 10 a.m.

Police say 124 people were taken into custody. Most will likely receive summonses for disorderly conduct.

Those who weren't arrested were standing outside the building and chanting, claiming the newspaper's coverage of the Israel Hamas War was resulting in deaths in Gaza. They also handed out fake copies of the Times to people walking by.

It came hours after protesters prevented trucks from accessing the Times' 300,000-square-foot printing facility in College Point, Queens, by blocking the roads with debris around 1 a.m.

Many laid down in a chain, connecting to each other with tubes. They held signs that read, "Stop the presses. Free Palestine" and "Consent for genocide is manufactured here."

They also created a pile of rubble with office equipment to further block access.

The action stopped dozens of trucks from picking up newspapers, creating gridlock on nearby streets. The protesters refused to disperse for about two hours before clearing the way at around 3:30 a.m.

The facility is responsible for printing the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Newsday, and the New York Post. There are 27 printing facilities across the country.

The Times said in a statement that readers should expect "minimal disruption" from the protest"

Pro-Palestinian protesters arrested outside NY Times building hours after printing plant demonstration in Queens - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)