The Gaza War

gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

The famine crisis in Gaza overrode EVERYTHING.

If Israel can quit F'ing around and open up borders to humanitarian aid (along with the U.S.-led Med route/dock area... which should NOT be stopped, even if Israel opens up the aid routes, IMO...).

If we can stop the famine crisis, then...

Pressure should absolutely make a full swing towards HAMAS to give up ALL their hostages (IMO), and to also just LAY DOWN THEIR ARMS. WTF do they think they are going to accomplish by holding out in Rafah? By holding onto their hostages? Do they actually think they can get a win here?

If they refuse to move on their static/ untenable/ immoral position: then I am fully on board with the IDF's mission to take Rafah and eliminate Hamas.

Everything has gone perfectly for Hamas. They don't care about Palestinians. They would never win a war against Israel but they got the entire west and bunch of leftists putting all the pressure on Israel. 

I wouldn't call it "perfectly".

There may be pressure in the west against Israel... some deserved, some not.

But Hamas is getting their asses whipped. They're on the edge of being completely "snuffed out", as a military force, in Gaza.

I would not call that "Everything has gone perfectly".

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

I wouldn't call it "perfectly".

There may be pressure in the west against Israel... some deserved, some not.

But Hamas is getting their asses whipped. They're on the edge of being completely "snuffed out", as a military force, in Gaza.

I would not call that "Everything has gone perfectly".

The leaders of Hamas don't care. They have the west turning on Israel. 

21 hours ago, oblong said:

and if it's not an effective political strategy then the blame for that falls on.... Hamas.

Israel are making fatal and immoral mistakes.  They are committing murder.  I won't deny that.  Netenyahu is scum.

But none of this happens without Hamas letting it happen and causing it to happen.  I wish the left could have condemned Hamas with 1/20th of the vitriol with which they give Israel.

If Israel just stopped and Hamas slaughtered the remaining hostages... you wouldn't hear a peep of sympathy from the radical left over those lost lives.  Nothing.  They don't matter as long as you can slam "The Zionists" 

The difference between Hamas and Israel is that, regardless of its dilettantesque dabbling in government, Hamas is at its core a terrorist organization that answers to no one but themselves, with goals and tactics that run counter to the welfare of nations in general; and Israel is a respected nation-state that putatively answers to the United States and the rest of the world, and so they are held to a higher standard.

So when Israel slaughters civilians on an apparently indiscriminate basis, it is considered more horrific than when Hamas does so because Israel is supposed to be better than that, especially since they have greater means than Hamas to achieve mass slaughter by a factor of thousands specifically due to its nation-state status.

This is not excusing what Hamas is doing. This is explaining why Israel engaging in the same mass-slaughter strategy is getting them more criticism than Hamas is getting.

The talking points are that it was a white man who said it, they say his Arabic word for America wasn't natural, or that it was an FBI plant.

These gaza protesters are kindrid spirits to the January 6 folks.

I am unaware of any genocide in which the group being genocided violated a ceasefire and started a war indiscriminately killing innocent civilians because of their religion, taking them hostage, and then proceeded to refuse multiple ceasefires from the group allegedly doing the genocide. Not only that, but the group doing the alleged genocide has wound down the retaliation. The group allegedly being genocided also doubled in population the last 20 years. Not really a good genocide.