The Gaza War

gehringer_2

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Yeah but in 10 years they will all be chuckling over this around the water cooler at the 500 company they will be working at.

It’s all laughing and joking until this kid becomes your boss. 😁

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

As long as there are no bodies, it's ok to harass and intimidate Jews. Now if they were wearing khakis and carrying Tiki torches, that would cross the line. 

It’s about power. You see… the Jews run the entire world.  So going after them is fighting oppression.  Blacks people do not run the world so going after them is the oppressor going after the oppressed.  

At least that’s what do have read and been told. That’s why left wingers are ok with it.  

31 minutes ago, oblong said:

It’s about power. You see… the Jews run the entire world.  So going after them is fighting oppression.  Blacks people do not run the world so going after them is the oppressor going after the oppressed.  

At least that’s what do have read and been told. That’s why left wingers are ok with it.  

Jews run the entire the world but are also entirely dependent on the US for their defense. 

youth is wasted on the youth.  These kids are just plain stupid.  But it's genearational.  They were the Occupy Wall Street folks 15 years ago. Every group of early college kids gets an issue that they can pretend to be adults about and build camps and pretend to be activists and think they are changing the world.  4 years ago it was BLM.  I'll concede most are pawns just caught up in a movement (Like many January 6 folks) but this time instead of fighting racism they are participating in racism by this movements leaders.  They should be smarter to realize it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, oblong said:

youth is wasted on the youth.  These kids are just plain stupid.  But it's genearational.  They were the Occupy Wall Street folks 15 years ago. Every group of early college kids gets an issue that they can pretend to be adults about and build camps and pretend to be activists and think they are changing the world.  4 years ago it was BLM.  I'll concede most are pawns just caught up in a movement (Like many January 6 folks) but this time instead of fighting racism they are participating in racism by this movements leaders.  They should be smarter to realize it.

It’s almost as though they were completely steeped in childhood until a light-switch moment, and then immediately embrace what they think of as adulthood, without going through any interim maturation process, which takes time, learning, and mistakes.

I went to college when the US invaded Iraq. Anti-war protests were happening all over campus. Protestors were very careful to not target Muslim and Arab students. There's no way the left would just be waving this off like they are if you replaced Jews with blacks. 

One difference between the two might be that the animosity against teh blacks is coming from inside the house, and is so deeply rooted in American history that it can be fairly argued this entire country was founded on racial hatred against people of African features. It’s far more widespread, far more ingrained, and thus far more pernicious than anti-semitism, which comes from outside the house and might be seen as more isolated and transient than racial hatred. In fact, in America, Jews are not even considered a proper race as African-featured people are, while in Europe they traditionally have been considered a race. Jews in America are basically seen as white. That helps tamp down the spread of anti-semitism and thus I don’t believe it will ever reach 20c European proportions here. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chasfh said:

It’s almost as though they were completely steeped in childhood until a light-switch moment, and then immediately embrace what they think of as adulthood, without going through any interim maturation process, which takes time, learning, and mistakes.

How much is because school, because of fear from parents and students in today's environment, are afraid to challenge students with making them think about hard questions? When I was a teen, Vietnam and the Civil Rights movement were underway. I can remember sitting in mixed race classes in public HS and even JHS and being regularly being given assignments like 'defend a position of the Vietman War', or capital punishment, or having an open debate about 'X' and 'Y' have fallen in the water, who do you save - one is black/latino/Hitler/Gandhi etc, etc. defend your positions, then defend your opponent's. My kids are a generation out of school, but I know they were never challenged like that, and I tend to believe education in general can only have become more vapid since. I'm sure there are still teachers who try, they're ones we read about getting fired. How many of them are left?

I have a book on the shelf, something about "the Coddling of the American Mind" - I haven't bothered to read it, already know the story.

Edited by gehringer_2