The Gaza War

gehringer_2

it is a horseshoe; the wacko right and the wacko left are both wacko; tend to think the wacko right is larger and the wacko left is actually quite powerless; and until recently the wacko left was more silly than dangerous, but obviously that is changing.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Message to Hamas: GFY.

There’s no reason for Hamas to accept a ceasefire. Leftists all over the world are blaming Israel and accusing them of genocide for a war Hamas started. These dip****s are willing to burn down the US over a war the US isn’t even involved in. Not even Hamas could’ve thought it would go this well. 

20 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Hamas literally filmed it and the UN is just acknowledging it happened after the entire world turned against Israel. Also armed civilians who were supposedly genocided joined in too. 

The crazy thing is that most my FB feminist/LGBT friends are beating the Free Palestine drum the loudest.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

The crazy thing is that most my FB feminist/LGBT friends are beating the Free Palestine drum the loudest.

Absolutely no one I know who is a feminist or an LGBTQ+ friend feels this way. Maybe it’s a regional thing.  Might also be my particular age group.  While there is dismay concerning the number of obvious innocents who have been killed in this situation, most recognized that Hamas cannot be appeased nor negotiated with. They are disease. They, and their hateful rhetoric are what has prevented a free Palestine.

So, I will have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Absolutely no one I know who is a feminist or an LGBTQ+ friend feels this way. Maybe it’s a regional thing.  Might also be my particular age group.  While there is dismay concerning the number of obvious innocents who have been killed in this situation, most recognized that Hamas cannot be appeased nor negotiated with. They are disease. They, and their hateful rhetoric are what has prevented a free Palestine.

So, I will have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

I did not mean to generalize whole groups of people. I just see younger friends that have those views. I have Trump cultist friends post BS as well. Here are a few I snap just today scrolling.

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3048.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

IMG_3045.jpeg

IMG_3044.jpeg

Edited by Tigeraholic1

is that real or a NY TIme PItchbot type thing?

There's a "Dearborn" social media page, not run by the city, just some young bros who talk about the latest chicken or ice cream places to open, new stores in Canton, and traffic videos, etc.... but every time they have a post about something the comments are like "How can people go swimming at a time like this with what's going on in Gaza?"

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Israel is doing a genocide I’m told. 

And I'm 100% certain that the Gazan Health Services...

err, Hamas... that publish the total Gazan deaths in this war, are INCLUDING those executions in those numbers.

Of the 37K Gazan deaths... how many were from HAMAS?

I know the Al-Shifa bombing was Hamas, nor Israel, that's already been proven. That was ~300 deaths? There's these and COUNTLESS other Hamas executions of Gazan Palestinians, including I don't know how many that were headed to Israel's safe passages that Hamas shot and killed to prevent them from gaining safe passage (Hamas wanted more Gazan civilian deaths from Israel's war against Hamas TERRORISTS to show the world how bad, how very, very bad these Israeli's are... So trapping them inside dangerous warzones was to Hamas' benefit.)

How many civilians were killed by Hamas by simply being within the crossfire, or crossfires, of war? How many civilians were forced into being Palestinian hostages held next to Hamas targets so Hamas could specifically add civilian death counts to Hamas terrorist death counts whenever the terrorists were targeted and killed? Which they knew they WOULD be... 

Lastly, how many "civilians" were not actually civilians, but participants in Hamas' terrorism? Children as young as 8 or 9 are conscripted into Hamas terrorist network as messengers, weapons/ammunition carriers, battlefield reconnaissance/ surveillance/ and damage assessment, etc...?

Edited by 1984Echoes

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hamas has been reduced to being nothing more than BANK ROBBERS...

Stealing PALESTINIANS' life savings...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hamas-linked-heists-leave-banknotes-181405338.html

The Telegraph

Hamas-linked heists leave banknotes fluttering in the air

Telegraph reporters
Wed, June 19, 2024

"The Bank of Palestine has tried to convince Israel to help it transport money out of its vaults in Gaza earlier on in the war."

LOL - Money is thicker than blood or politics. I guess they know who to turn to when it matters.

Edited by gehringer_2

not directly related to the war short term, but huge news out Israel that the Supreme Court has ruled the ultra-orthodox cannot be exempted from military service. This has big short and long term implications. Short term it further fractures Netanyahu's coalition, and long term is it going to seriously undercut recruitment of young men into the ultra-orthodox community. If this holds, I think for Israeli politics this is the equivalent of the SCOTUS reversing Citizen's United.

• 1 month later...

Israel is not in a good place right now. Hezbollah is becoming more active in the northern region around the Golan Heights. Harris will likely pull back the support the US has provided/voiced on the international stage. The UN has no love for Israel, none. I’m confident Harris will not be the ally Biden has been. She’s most likely to follow Obama’s playbook regarding Israel. Not good.

WSJ-

BEIRUT—The Israeli military targeted one of Hezbollah’s top military leaders in a strike in Beirut intended as retaliation for a Saturday attack on the Israel-controlled Golan Heights that killed 12 young people, a response that came amid fears of a widening war in the Middle East.

Edited by 1776