The Gaza War

gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

So now you're trying to make me out to be a Hamas supporter simply for being critical of Israel and showing concern for Palestinian women and children?

Sure, okay. 

Weird I just asked you a question if Hamas parading the severed heads of Jews through Gaza was part of the resistance. You really did a lot of projection and you always seem to avoid the fact that Hamas can end this right now. 

5 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

It's a stupid, insulting question that I'm not going to bother with.  You can go back to my original posts in this thread to see that I've always held the opinion that all sides are bad.  Hamas is a terrorist group.  Too many Palestinians support Hamas.  Israel needs to stop stealing land and kicking people out of their homes.  

Now, lets see if you're capable of criticizing Israel for their 50+ years of stealing land and evicting people from their homes.  Can you do that?   

I don't care about your Strawman. Hamas can end the war right now. The pressure should be on Hamas to accept the ceasefire. Israel isn't even asking for all the hostages for Christ sakes and giving them 800 terrorists. What is happening is not a genocide. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

What is happening is far too many civilians are being killed.  Why can't you come out and say you're against innocent people being killed? 

You and these strawmen. All the innocent people killed are because of Hamas. They broke the ceasefire and killed 1,200 Jews. Hamas amongst civilians and used them as shields. Hamas uses them as props. Hamas steals their aid and kills them when they attempt to get aid. Why can't you come out and say this is not a genocide and Hamas needs to accept the ceasefire? 

2 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

And as part of the ceasefire, Israel will agree to never seize another square inch of territory and will return all they've seized over the last 50+ years, right?

Knowing what we do regarding the history of the Six Days War, why would you expect Israel to cede the land/territories they conquered in the war? Why do you believe they refuse to give the land back?

8 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Huh, that almost sounds like they refuse to end the war. I wish they could find a platform to get that message out.

They don’t want it to end. All the pressure is on Israel to end the war. They are basically saying they want to genocide Israel and a bunch of dumbasses in the US play in traffic demanding Israel surrender. 

Just now, GoBlue23 said:

So because they stole land in a conflict they started, it's theirs to keep?  Putin thanks you for your support.   

Do you know why Israel struck first? 

10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Why does Egypt get a total pass on all of this? They literally could open their border and send in aid and allow refugees out. Instead, they have their borders secured tighter than the Mexican border of Trumps wet dreams.

Poland took in 2 million refugees when Ukraine was invaded. That would be almost all of Gaza. 

1 hour ago, GoBlue23 said:

What is happening is far too many civilians are being killed.  Why can't you come out and say you're against innocent people being killed? 

Like in Afghanistan and Iraq?

When we hunted Bin Laden and Saddam until we got them?

It's the same thing... right?

I'll assume they got a message from Yahweh since they attempt to justify everything else with their silly ass religion. 

Palestinian terrorists groups operating out of Syria, Lebanon and Jordan were conducting attacks against the state of Israel and Israeli intel was suggesting an attack from surrounding Arab countries was imminent. Egypt had been actively trying to block Israeli access to international shipping. Put in perspective, just as in today, the radical Arabs wanted to eliminate Israel. Israel, being fully aware of this, chose wisely and acted. I believe any country with the military capabilities would have been wise to do the same. Wouldn’t you think? 
Israel took the Golan Heights, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip in this war. Based on their adversaries in 1967, holding these locations is paramount for security purposes. Israel remains under constant threats from Arab terrorists to the north today. 
I know you have a real hang up with “religion” as you have expressed on this board repeatedly. That said, religion had nothing to do with Israel striking first in 1967. It was a matter of survival against aggressive Arab neighbors that wanted Israel destroyed. I would think you’d support the US being proactive under the same circumstances. Would you not? 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Palestinian terrorists groups operating out of Syria, Lebanon and Jordan were conducting attacks against the state of Israel and Israeli intel was suggesting an attack from surrounding Arab countries was imminent. Egypt had been actively trying to block Israeli access to international shipping. Put in perspective, just as in today, the radical Arabs wanted to eliminate Israel. Israel, being fully aware of this, chose wisely and acted. I believe any country with the military capabilities would have been wise to do the same. Wouldn’t you think? 
Israel took the Golan Heights, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip in this war. Based on their adversaries in 1967, holding these locations is paramount for security purposes. Israel remains under constant threats from Arab terrorists to the north today. 
I know you have a real hang up with “religion” as you have expressed on this board repeatedly. That said, religion had nothing to do with Israel striking first in 1967. It was a matter of survival against aggressive Arab neighbors that wanted Israel destroyed. I would think you’d support the US being proactive under the same circumstances. Would you not? 

BINGO!!!

Excellent post.

And history lesson for those not in the know...

15 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

https://www.btselem.org/settler_violence

We're not supposed to talk about Israeli settler violence. Those people aren't terrorists, their mere settlers, house hunters looking for a place on Zillow. Well, looking for a place on Zillow and armed with guns and bulldozers.

• Haha 1

Interesting, but not surprising. Anyone want to take a stab at why the surrounding Arab communities aren’t interested in assisting their neighbors in their time of need? Anybody? 

WSJ-

“About a week after the U.S. and other Western countries froze funding to a U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees called Unrwa in late January, its top official flew to the Arab Gulf, hoping wealthy Arab monarchies would save the organization at a time when it is the main provider of humanitarian aid in Gaza. 

The effort came up lacking. Philippe Lazzarini, the head of the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, raised $85 million from Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates for 2024, far short of the funding lost when the U.S. and others cut off aid following allegations that at least a dozen agency employees took part in the Oct. 7 attacks on Israel. Last year, the U.S. alone gave the agency more than $422 million.”

Gaza isn't even a really a left right issue. You have Putinistas on the right who are anti Israel, you have Evangelicals that are fervently pro Israel. The left is similarly split between SJW folks who see Israel through the lens of being an occupying power, and democracy liberals who see Israel as an outpost of western liberal political organization (at least generally) in a mostly autocratic ME. Yeah  - so nobody speak for anyone but themselves on this one.

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What the **** is Graham Starr and why the **** should we care what he thinks about any of this? I refuse to believe he speaks for all liberals here.

You should care more about Hamza El Boudali who is one of these free Palestine jackwagons who wants the president executed.  

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Gaza isn't even a really a left right issue. You have Putinistas on the right who are anti Israel, you have Evangelicals that are fervently pro Israel. The left is similarly split between SJW folks who see Israel through the lens of being an occupying power, and democracy liberals who see Israel as an outpost of western liberal political organization (at least generally) in a mostly autocratic ME. Yeah  - so nobody speak for anyone but themselves on this one.

Except leftists have coopted this issue. They are just as racist as MAGA. They protest Jewish hospitals and the church where all those black people were killed. They're two sides of the same coin. 

No they haven’t. A small segment of “leftists” have, but as G2 points out assigning allegiance is complicated. Most people on all sides of the issue recognize that Hamas is terrible. Some of those also think Israel represses Palestinians and don’t like US tax dollars supplying bombs dropped on Gaza. It is possible to understand the problem Israel faces and also hope they can limit civilian casualties in fighting Hamas. There’s no easy answer and calling people names or assigning viewpoints to vaguely defined groups doesn’t do anything to fix problems. Sure, there are extremists that do defend Hamas, want to kill Biden, or other horrible things. But they are relatively few, hardly representative of the left. 

• Like 1