The Gaza War

gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

No they haven’t. A small segment of “leftists” have, but as G2 points out assigning allegiance is complicated. Most people on all sides of the issue recognize that Hamas is terrible. Some of those also think Israel represses Palestinians and don’t like US tax dollars supplying bombs dropped on Gaza. It is possible to understand the problem Israel faces and also hope they can limit civilian casualties in fighting Hamas. There’s no easy answer and calling people names or assigning viewpoints to vaguely defined groups doesn’t do anything to fix problems. Sure, there are extremists that do defend Hamas, want to kill Biden, or other horrible things. But they are relatively few, hardly representative of the left. 

They are literally sitting congressman and mayors of cities. 

Just look at the people connected to Bernie Sanders- Tulsi, Nina Turner, Brihana Joy Grey, David Sirota. Reps in congress like Tlaib, Bowman, Bush. Whole organizations like the DSA. This is like the Tea Party from 15-20 years ago. A lot of leftists are becoming radicalized and talking about violence. 

6 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

You should care more about Hamza El Boudali who is one of these free Palestine jackwagons who wants the president executed.  

I don't know who that is, either, because he's almost certainly a bigger nobody than the other guy whose name I've already forgotten. Neither of them speak for me so as a liberal, I don't appreciate being mindlessly lumped in with either of them, as though either were speaking on behalf of me.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yes, Vanderbilt can stop it all.    I kind of lean to their side but they make me not like it.  

They're children. Maybe a third of them are serious about the issue itself, maybe; another third are doing it so they can get laid by someone else in the group; and the remaining third will end up voting for Barron Trump in 2052.

Edited by chasfh
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't know who that is, either, because he's almost certainly a bigger nobody than the other guy whose name I've already forgotten. Neither of them speak for me so as a liberal, I don't appreciate being mindlessly lumped in with either of them, as though either were speaking on behalf of me.

Who said any speak for you? The other nobody works for Bloomberg news and the nobody who wants the president executed is an activist. It's weird how you sound the alarm on MAGA's call to violence but just cast activist calling for the assassination of a president in support of a terror group as a nobody.

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Who said any speak for you? The other nobody works for Bloomberg news and the nobody who wants the president executed is an activist. It's weird how you sound the alarm on MAGA's call to violence but just cast activist calling for the assassination of a president in support of a terror group as a nobody.

You are routinely conflating "leftists" with being 100% death-to-Israel, or at least as not being as performatively pro-Israel as you are being. I assume you regard me as a "leftist", seeing how that's a pejorative to you.

Anyhow, bad analogy. MAGA is not nobody. MAGA is Donald Trump and tens of millions of followers, many of whom are well-known to be armed to the teeth and itching for a fight. I have no idea who the **** these people in the prior page are, but when I start seeing them and others like them perpetrate murder in the name of Free Palenstine—or whatever it's called—here on American soil, then I will consider lighting my own hair on fire in solidarity with yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You are routinely conflating "leftists" with being 100% death-to-Israel, or at least as not being as performatively pro-Israel as you are being. I assume you regard me as a "leftist", seeing how that's a pejorative to you.

Anyhow, bad analogy. MAGA is not nobody. MAGA is Donald Trump and tens of millions of followers, many of whom are well-known to be armed to the teeth and itching for a fight. I have no idea who the **** these people in the prior page are, but when I start seeing them and others like them perpetrate murder in the name of Free Palenstine—or whatever it's called—here on American soil, then I will consider lighting my own hair on fire in solidarity with yours.

Whatever you think of yourself is your own deal. You're doing a lot of projection here. 

MAGA was nobody pre-2015. These Pro Hamas leftists are where the Tea Party was circa 2007. We'll wait until someone gets killed before we worry. Just don't pay attention to what they say and do. 

I mean, they're only protesting Jewish hospitals, forcing Jewish students to barricade themselves in libraries, raiding a newspaper that publishes something you don't like, vandalizing Jewish businesses, and wanting the president assassinated. I'm sure they won't turn violent though.  

"THey're only protesting Jewish" stuff,  then, here's a post of them in the middle of an apparently Jewish road in Midtown.  

God damn you can't even not lie and not troll over the course of 2 consecutive posts.    Get a damn life

Edited by pfife

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

"THey're only protesting Jewish" stuff,  then, here's a post of them in the middle of an apparently Jewish road in Midtown.  

God damn you can't even not lie and not troll over the course of 2 consecutive posts.    Get a damn life

Ok

It’s borderline offensive to conflate a woman exercising her Constitution right to protest while having a baby in a jumper on her back as being a human shield, with the idea of terrorists actually using babies as actual shields and putting them in a position to be killed in order to protect themselves. Believe it or not, they are not even close to being the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It’s borderline offensive to conflate a woman exercising her Constitution right to protest while having a baby in a jumper on her back as being a human shield, with the idea of terrorists actually using babies as actual shields and putting them in a position to be killed in order to protect themselves. Believe it or not, they are not even close to being the same.

Yes but have you considered whether it's borderline offensive from a lying troll perspective? 

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You do not have a constitutional right to block or impede trafiic.