The Gaza War

gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

You can’t say stuff like this:

And then “take great offense” when someone calls you out on it.    

If what I said is anti-Semetic I certainly didn't intend it to be and won't use it again.

But we lampoon the Christian right types all the time for claiming they are God's chosen people. For acting as if America was founded and ordained by God. We mercilessly mock and deride them when they say this and then go and do something that flies in the face of what a just, loving God would do. I was simply making the same point there in my post about Israelis who act as if their nation was ordained by God and act as if they were the chosen people and then make clearly Islamophobic chants.

In any case I won't say it in that manner again.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So then what is the exit strategy for Isreal without being a permanent occupying force? How do they prevent Hamas or a group akin to them from regaining power as the Taliban did in Afghanistan?

There isn't one. If something is going to change someone has to occupy Gaza who has the military where-with-all to keep squashing Hamas long enough for their light to finally flicker out, but even then, it still depends does depend on whether the locals are on board. Look at the US experiences in the ME- as bad it was and as inept as we were,  in the end we sat on Iraq long enough to crush Al Qaeda but couldn't do the same in Afghanistan with the Taliban. Why? Because in the end most Iraqis were tired of war and crazies and were with us against Al Qaeda, but the same was never true in enough of Afghanistan. And to TBH, it didn't hurt that the US and Iran were basically on the same side against Al Qaeda in Iraq as opposed to the converse here.

Edited by gehringer_2

26 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If what I said is anti-Semetic I certainly didn't intend it to be and won't use it again.

But we lampoon the Christian right types all the time for claiming they are God's chosen people. For acting as if America was founded and ordained by God. We mercilessly mock and deride them when they say this and then go and do something that flies in the face of what a just, loving God would do. I was simply making the same point there in my post about Israelis who act as if their nation was ordained by God and act as if they were the chosen people and then make clearly Islamophobic chants.

Fair enough.  I appreciate your response.   I will remove my prior posts and apologize for calling you an anti-Semitic Jew hater.  

18 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

There are posters here posting literally dozens and dozens of anti Jewish and anti Israell hate videos and no one says a damn thing so that tells you what you need to know.

• Haha 2

Convince me that an ambulance in the act of an emergency can’t run down someone blocking a road…. Because an act of speech should not hinder someone’s life. If you block that then you are accepting a bad fate.  

12 hours ago, oblong said:

Convince me that an ambulance in the act of an emergency can’t run down someone blocking a road…. Because an act of speech should not hinder someone’s life. If you block that then you are accepting a bad fate.  

Did protesters block an ambulance from going into the medical center?

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Did protesters block an ambulance from going into the medical center?

No. 

But if one of these nutjobs gets run over by someone, anyone, trying to get into the medical facility, then the tragedy is on them and them alone.   Their little cosplay games cannot interfere with people's lives. They are rotten spoiled punks that need a job or something to occupy their feeble minds.

1 hour ago, oblong said:

No. 

But if one of these nutjobs gets run over by someone, anyone, trying to get into the medical facility, then the tragedy is on them and them alone.   Their little cosplay games cannot interfere with people's lives. They are rotten spoiled punks that need a job or something to occupy their feeble minds.

My guess is that if it comes down to it, protesters would part to let an ambulance through to the medical center, because I doubt they are cartoon villains. But then, it only takes one to break that convention, right? Fun to speculate about.

• Haha 1

These same people pitched camps on college campuses and wouldn't let Jews pass so I don't put it past them to block an ambulance.

I have no idea what a hospital has to do with Gaza. It's not even a Jew hospital like the ones they protested in New York. 

The think these kids just like those scarves.... that's whey they are doing it.  They can wear those.  It's like soccer fans.  They care more about telling us they are soccer fans than they do about just enjoying their 1-0 game.

13 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Brianna Joy Gray is a curiously unique natural talent.  

if Conservatives wanted to cripple the progressives, by planting an awful, annoying, vapid idiot as one of the main faces of progressivism in the US, they would have grown Gray in a laboratory and unleashed her on the progressive movement.

like any zealot, she is right about every issue, either 100% right or 110% right - just ask her!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

if Conservatives wanted to cripple the progressives, by planting an awful, annoying, vapid idiot as one of the main faces of progressivism in the US, they would have grown Gray in a laboratory and unleashed her on the progressive movement.

like any zealot, she is right about every issue, either 100% right or 110% right - just ask her!

It really started with Bernie Sanders. You can play 6 degrees of Bernie Sanders with these people. All of them lead back to Sanders, Gray, Tulsi, Nina Turner, David Sirota and so on. He's poisoned a whole generation of young people.