The Gaza War

gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Now everything with a lithium battery is blowing up around Beirut.    Solar Panels, Smart Appliances, Car and Scooter batteries all going poof.    

This is possibly the greatest counter-terrorism operation of all time.  

It is pretty remarkable. It’s  Like …. a good spy movie script. 

11 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

IDK  - Terrorism is already irrational. Has any terrorist organization ever achieved it ambitions?

and too many people in that world are sympathetic to their suffering.  There's a fundraiser in Dearborn at the giant Mosque for the victims.  I get that innocent people died in this.  That's tragic.  But those people aren't the only ones this fundraiser is for.  They see the members of hezbollah as victims too.  They'll always have cheerleaders because.... Israel.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Lenin and Hitler did. 

OK grant in a way but I'll defend a more specific syntax. As leaders, Hilter and Stalin were using terror as a lever of state power, which by definition I'll grant is a form of terrorism, but in conventional parlance I think most people would take 'terrorism' to mean the program of non-state actors and that is certainly what I meant to refer to. Terror by established government terror is more conventional tyranny?

Now before they came to power? There was Krystallnacht and few other events IIRC, but TBF Hilter rose to power primarily by the conventional political process and the Bolsheviks fought an actual armed revolution so terror maybe a piece there also but to a larger 'conventional' movement.

Edited by gehringer_2

51 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

OK grant in a way but I'll defend a more specific syntax. As leaders, Hilter and Stalin were using terror as a lever of state power, which by definition I'll grant is a form of terrorism, but in conventional parlance I think most people would take 'terrorism' to mean the program of non-state actors and that is certainly what I meant to refer to. Terror by established government terror is more conventional tyranny?

Now before they came to power? There was Krystallnacht and few other events IIRC, but TBF Hilter rose to power primarily by the conventional political process and the Bolsheviks fought an actual armed revolution so terror maybe a piece there also but to a larger 'conventional' movement.

hold on...

Leninism is specifically the model that terrorists are following as they try to create chaos so as to enable the revolution.   It was clearly the model followed in the rise to power.