10/28/2023 7:00 EDT Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls

Tigeraholic1

21 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Maybe try throwing a double at Lavine sometime?  Dude is about to hang 50.  

and lose.  like he usually does.

they have two stars who dominate the ball while everyone else stands around and watches.  the pistons' star gets everyone involved and can score when he needs to.  duren is a freak.  ausar is a defensive dynamo.

the pistons have the foundation for a good team.  the bulls have two scorers and that's it.  you saw that tonight.

That was a hell of a lot of fun. I can't believe how advanced Ausar is at his age, he just locked down LaVine the moment they put him on him and the vision, rebounding, hustle, athleticism, Basketball IQ is all elite. If his offensive game ever comes around and I have a feeling it will a few years down the line, he's a perennial All Star. There's something special brewing with that Cade/Ausar/Duren trio. Give them a legit young shooter to play with and this team could take off eventually.

Edited by NYLion

So much fun to watch this team play their hearts out on the defensive end. What a game! Ausar just shut the door on Lavine in the 4th to close it. Duren couldn’t be stopped. Cade doing it all. Stewart imposing his will and running to the rim whenever they put a small guy on him. Some nice coaching adjustments as well. Give me this effort all season and I’m happy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, buddha said:

monty williams making a big difference already.

and james wiseman has played ZERO minutes this season.  no wonder theyre playing better.

There is not really a spot for Saddiq on this team with Burke and Ausar playing well but I still hate that trade.  I guess if Duren were to go down with some sort of injury, that the only scenario I would be happy to have Wiseman instead of Saddiq. 

Just now, Hart said:

There is not really a spot for Saddiq on this team with Burke and Ausar playing well but I still hate that trade.  I guess if Duren were to go down with some sort of injury, that the only scenario I would be happy to have Wiseman instead of Saddiq. 

i'd rather have saddiq playing center in that scenario than wiseman.  at least saddiq would know where to be.  wiseman is the worst player in the nba.  he's just tall.  that's his only attribute.

Just watched the second half on Ballys.com....this is a fun team to watch right now.  If Duren can develop any kind of offense away from the basket...look out.  Thompson could be great if he improves his shot. As he is now...great defender and rebounder...moves the ball well too. Lots of value in that

6 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Just watched the second half on Ballys.com....this is a fun team to watch right now.  If Duren can develop any kind of offense away from the basket...look out.  Thompson could be great if he improves his shot. As he is now...great defender and rebounder...moves the ball well too. Lots of value in that

I have always loved the Webber comparison for Duren and I often find myself wondering what kind of player Webber was at the same age when I watch Duren.  I don't remember Webber having much of a jump shot at Michigan.  Given that Duren was over 60% on free throws last year and is over 70% in the early going this year, I do think he will eventually develop a nice mid range jump shot.  

44 minutes ago, Hart said:

I have always loved the Webber comparison for Duren and I often find myself wondering what kind of player Webber was at the same age when I watch Duren.  I don't remember Webber having much of a jump shot at Michigan.  Given that Duren was over 60% on free throws last year and is over 70% in the early going this year, I do think he will eventually develop a nice mid range jump shot.  

Duren with a shot would be something. Duren with a shot and Cade with high level 3pt % and you'd have your two requisite anchors for a championship team. We can only hope.

Edited by gehringer_2