11/20/2023 7:00pm EST Detroit Pistons vs Denver Nuggies

Tigeraholic1

On paper you'd expect us to lose game against teams like the Nuggets, Bucks, and Suns. But when these teams are sitting (or losing) their best players, you're just throwing away gifts.

It's also really painful to watch Monty slowly learn the things we all know. Took him 10+ games to learn that you need spacing around Cade.

Now I see he needs to learn the lesson that Stewart can't play Center except in rare matchups. That stretch in the 2nd half last night was atrocious, just like last year when Bagley was out and Stew played a ton of Center.

He also needs to learn that if you do wind up playing Stewart at Center, then Ausar is the guy in the dunker spot or setting the screen and Stew needs to be the guy on the three point line spacing the court, not the reverse. Some of those plays down the stretch were painful with Stew in the dunker spot and Ausar crashing in as well, so the paint just gets totally clogged.

Edit: I should also say that this is on Weaver as well. We needed our 3rd center to be a rebounding veteran big man and we got Wiseman instead. He can't be trusted to play real minutes and now here we are with Bagley starting and Stew playing Center minutes.

Edited by Betrayer

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The problem with people who basically get paid by the word is that they may ask you for (...checking..) 12 minutes and 47 seconds of your time for what you only need 5 seconds to hear:  The pistons are a bad team with an unworkable roster and directionless management. 🙉

Edited by gehringer_2

19 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The problem with people who basically get paid by the word is that they may ask you for (...checking..) 12 minutes and 47 seconds of your time for what you only need 5 seconds to hear:  The pistons are a bad team with an unworkable roster and directionless management. 🙉

i hate valenti but he's right.

12 mins and 47 secs?  i could rant like that about the pistons for an hour.