11/29/2023 7:00pm EST LA Lakers at Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

https://www.nba.com/pistons/a-letter-from-troy-weaver

"Overall, our players have overwhelmingly embraced the core principle of going to work and competing every night. We are in an excellent spot to upgrade our roster this offseason. We’ve positioned ourselves for another high draft choice in this year’s draft, we have a favorable salary cap position, and we’ll continue to talk with teams and evaluate trade opportunities as they present themselves."

they used their cap space on joe harris.

I didn't watch this travesty, just checked the score, but I think Monty needs to go. Lets be honest, he was never Weaver's #1 choice, he never wanted to be here and I see zero chemistry between he and the players.

We all know that this team is too young and just not good enough but there's no way in hell that it should be THIS bad. I predict that Monty will resign before long or be shown the door. I know the contract is huge but I'm sure they can negotiate a buyout to satisfy both parties because, holy hell, this just ain't working.

Just now, NYLion said:

I didn't watch this travesty, just checked the score, but I think Monty needs to go. Lets be honest, he was never Weaver's #1 choice, he never wanted to be here and I see zero chemistry between he and the players.

We all know that this team is too young and just not good enough but there's no way in hell that it should be THIS bad. I predict that Monty will resign before long or be shown the door. I know the contract is huge but I'm sure they can negotiate a buyout to satisfy both parties because, holy hell, this just ain't working.

They need to broom the whole organization starting with Gores hanging a "For Sale" sign out on Woodward Ave.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

They need to broom the whole organization starting with Gores hanging a "For Sale" sign out on Woodward Ave.

They do but they need to do something in season. They can't let the ship continue to sink like this because they run the risk of ruining these young players for good. It can be argued that they are already ruined but what we're seeing this season is absolute rock bottom and, yes, I do think that Monty is at least partially responsible for that. Firing Weaver right now will do nothing or Tellum or whichever suit but changing the coach can. I don't know what else can be done outside of letting it ride and letting them firgure it out for themselves but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

monty is going nowhere.  and nothing will ultimately change until gores no longer owns the team.

in the meantime, firing troy weaver is the first thing he should do.  but who takes his place?  arn tellum?  arn tellum's kid?

you have an incompetently run franchise for a reason: tom gores has placed cronies and agents in charge of the team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Randy Smith, Millen, Weaver. Rank them worst to best. I’m going with:

Millen

Weaver

Smith

(honorable mention Bob Quinn)

With Matt Millen, I respected his vision. He wanted to make the Lions into a faster more athletic team and install a west coast offense that was modern at the time. I have no idea what Weaver is trying to do. It's like he's collecting big men like it's the early 90's. Even then I don't think any of these players would be particularly good in the 90's. 

13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They do but they need to do something in season. They can't let the ship continue to sink like this because they run the risk of ruining these young players for good. It can be argued that they are already ruined but what we're seeing this season is absolute rock bottom and, yes, I do think that Monty is at least partially responsible for that. Firing Weaver right now will do nothing or Tellum or whichever suit but changing the coach can. I don't know what else can be done outside of letting it ride and letting them firgure it out for themselves but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I just don't see the talent here. You have one player with one standout skill level, and that is Thompson's defense. That's it. No-one else on the team does anything at average NBA or higher level. Cade scores a lot because Cade has the ball all the time (e,g., see Anthony, Carmelo) - you can't hang a hat on that. Weaver has drafted poorly and traded even more poorly. it's going to be 5 years with under 25 wins in a league where you only need to find two or three above average players to be a 500 team. Every day he keeps his job is just additional proof that ownership is just a hopeless.

Edited by gehringer_2

8 hours ago, buddha said:

monty is going nowhere.  and nothing will ultimately change until gores no longer owns the team.

in the meantime, firing troy weaver is the first thing he should do.  but who takes his place?  arn tellum?  arn tellum's kid?

you have an incompetently run franchise for a reason: tom gores has placed cronies and agents in charge of the team.

Are there any players on the roster that play a considerable enough time that have also been a contributing factor to winning in the NBA?  I don't think its a necessity, but it sure would be helpful.  Burks is probably the only player on the roster with playoff time that has been healthy this season.  

This team is probably too young right now.  I suppose a case can be made that if Bogdanovich and Morris were healthy and playing, they'd have a few more wins by now.  Where is the on court leadership coming from?

13 hours ago, buddha said:

remember when troy weaver traded bruce brown for dazan musa?

or tony snell for dwayne dedmon, then stretched dedmon so he could sign mason plumlee, and then traded a draft pick the next year to drop plumlee's contract?

SUCH ****ING INCOMPETENCE!

Remember when he took Hayes over Hailburton then traded a 1st that still hasn't conveyed and is restricting them from making a significant trade for Stewart and also traded Kennard a bunch of stuff to draft Bey only to trade him a few years later for James Bustman who Weaver was allegedly trying to trade up for in that same draft? Incompetence isn't even the word.