11/29/2023 7:00pm EST LA Lakers at Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

What a train wreck. That game was not fun to watch unless you're a Lebron fan.

Weaver's roster makes no sense, Monty is playing guys who should be the 12th-15th player, and the players themselves look like their spirit is completely broken.

National media is all over it now as well. I wonder how long Gores ego can handle this? He won't sell the team though, he'll do the corporate thing and find someone below him to blame it all on. Then you'll get a bunch of stories from JEIII about how this person that we never heard of before that day was the real driver behind all the bad things that happened.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

What a train wreck. That game was not fun to watch unless you're a Lebron fan.

Weaver's roster makes no sense, Monty is playing guys who should be the 12th-15th player, and the players themselves look like their spirit is completely broken.

National media is all over it now as well. I wonder how long Gores ego can handle this? He won't sell the team though, he'll do the corporate thing and find someone below him to blame it all on. Then you'll get a bunch of stories from JEIII about how this person that we never heard of before that day was the real driver behind all the bad things that happened.

The black jerseys are a part of the demise.  Someone(s) is more of a major player, but let's also not overlook the ugly kits.

Has there ever been a stretch as bad as this 4-39 stretch ever in the NBA? I’m usually tuned out by now with the pistons being this bad for so long, but now I’m just fascinated by how utterly inept this franchise is. How long can Weaver last? Not that I have faith that Gores can hire someone that isn’t total garbage. I think their only hope is that Gores will eventually sell the team in shame. 

17 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Has there ever been a stretch as bad as this 4-39 stretch ever in the NBA? I’m usually tuned out by now with the pistons being this bad for so long, but now I’m just fascinated by how utterly inept this franchise is. How long can Weaver last? Not that I have faith that Gores can hire someone that isn’t total garbage. I think their only hope is that Gores will eventually sell the team in shame. 

Maybe the Philly team that won 10 games a few years ago? I know they lost their first 18 games. But I don't think their 43 gave record is this bad.

Even if it was, there are major differences. They were in year 1 of the rebuild and actively trying to lose. The pistons are in year 4 of their rebuild and trying to win.