NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

What a cathartic moment for this team, this city and these fans.  

The monkey is off their back now.  They got that first playoff W since nothing in my body ached.

And I'm telling you, this country's rooting for the Lions now !

AND WE HOST ANOTHER NEXT WEEK. 

WOW,  WHAT A MOTHER ****ING WEEK. 

AND THE WINGS BEAT THE LEAFS !!!!!!!!!!    

• Thanks 1

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

1997 was pretty damn good with Michigan winning the Natty, Barry running for 2K, the Lions winning the win or go home game in week 17 but I think this playoff win puts this season over that. 

You have to go back to last century to come close. But we all agree this is the best Lions team in our lifetime. And I'm almost 64 years old!

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I really think the Lions can beat Tampa or Philadelphia. I think I would rather face Tampa. 

It's a cliche but it's true that this is a "week to week league" and anybody that makes the playoffs has a legit chance of making a deep run so despite our flaws I certainly think we can beat anybody that is left. I too would rather face Tampa, Philly has looked like crap of late but they still have a ton of talent and you never know when that talent is going to get back on track. 

IMG_0568.thumb.png.0092f6d0b3bea798924385a6fb974e86.png

I’m so happy, especially happy for all my friends in Detroit who grew up there that I’ve hung out with, people I know through this site, face-to-face, and only online. This is a great day. I feel like Tiny Tim. God bless us everyone  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

So if GB happens to roll in and stun SF, and the Lions take care of business against the Bucs or the wounded Eagles, we would face GB in Detroit for the NFC conference championship. 

The Lions seem destined to play GB

I knew it was a bad decision at the time but I didn't realize just how bad it was. Yeah 14 yards is alot to gain but at that point field position wasn't that big of deal since 2 first downs ended the game anyway so your opponent was driving to score points. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I knew it was a bad decision at the time but I didn't realize just how bad it was. Yeah 14 yards is alot to gain but at that point field position wasn't that big of deal since 2 first downs ended the game anyway so your opponent was driving to score points. 

OTOH Stafford was not near 100%. That may have factored in to the decision. 

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Odd schedule.    So both #1 seeds playing on Saturday?    

2pm seems like an odd start time.      

game starts at 3 but yeah I wish it was a different time....Have to drive down to Ann Arbor sometime on Sunday 

Edited by Toddwert