NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Wouldn’t be a big Lions game without having to play the refs too.

If the defense finishes, we are in phenomenal shape.

the offense is going to have to finish.  the defense is a joke.

Just now, Toddwert said:

agreed... thats why that penalty hurts so much

they would have had a first down in rams territory with a great chance to score and instead the rams get the ball to start the half with a chance to flip the script, take the lead, and make the lions chase the game.

that was a HUGE blown call.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I won't be upset of they lose this one.   This is just the beginning.   Look at where they were just 2 years ago.   

no way.  every nfl season is a crap shoot.  you have a home playoff game, you HAVE to win it.

people would have said the same thing about the eagles halfway through the season.  dallas too.  the bengals were in the super bowl and now they missed the playoffs.

the nfl is a week to week league.  you have to take advantage of this.  injuries and luck mean so much.  and with the bears and packers on the upswing and a first place schedule staring us in the face there are zero guarantees we will be back here again.

we are not the chiefs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddwert said:

getting home field is  so tough you'd hate to blow it

Yep, and I think the Green Bay win has raised the stakes. How many times will even a very good Lions team have a chance to advance to the NFC championship game with a home win over a lower #4 or #5 seed. 

Edited by lordstanley

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

Progress isn't always linear.

It has been so far................starting 0-10-1 to coming a hair short of the playoffs to a division title.  Could they take a step backwards next year?   Sure, they'll be playing a first-place schedule, but they could finish with fewer wins, but be a better team.     Nothing with this GM and Coach make me thinka  big step back would be coming.  

First time since the 1957 championship that 3 rookies have scored a TD in one game.    Well, that works in our favor, I guess.  Let history repeat !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

happened so much to us this season.  That's why getting an Edge rusher this coming offseason is more important than secondary help.     Good edge rushers will make the secondary better anyway. 

They depend on each other. It goes both ways. If you have a crappy secondary that can't cover anyone then the pass rush has zero time to be effective. Secondaries that cover like a glove improve the pass rush. That's why we GOTTA have BOTH. It can't just be one or the other:

A) One speed rusher would be outstanding for this defense. I already have my eye on the guy I think the Lions should nab in the 1st round this year. I'm hunting for the next Danielle Hunter or Maxx Crosby.

B) But... We GOTTA get better CB play. Whether that means 1 guy or 2... It's an imperative to both improve our defense as well as to improve our pass rush. Conversely, a great pass rush helps the secondary... But... NOT if they can't cover anyone.

They need BOTH. Another pass rusher or two, and better CB's.

My 2 cents.

Edited by 1984Echoes