1/12/24 7:30PM Houston Rockets @ Detroit Pistons

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think both are FAs at the end of the year so it essentially gets us out of the Bagley contract a year early. 

The bad news is that this just frees up more time for Wiseman to play.

I'm not certain about that Wiseman thing...

Gallinari will start at PF with Duren & Cade because he can space the floor between him and Bojan...

And Muscala looks like the 1st center off the bench with Stew at PF...

I guess Wiseman could get a little time at Center with any of Danilo, Stew, or Muscala at PF... but I would guess that's garbage minutes only...

Let’s just wait and see how Williams handles the rotations, especially once Cunningham is back.  By then, Gallinaro and Muscala will have had some time in with the team.

What, who am I kidding?  Ain’t like rotations mean anything with this roster unless they are playing the Washington Generals.

3 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'm not certain about that Wiseman thing...

Gallinari will start at PF with Duren & Cade because he can space the floor between him and Bojan...

And Muscala looks like the 1st center off the bench with Stew at PF...

I guess Wiseman could get a little time at Center with any of Danilo, Stew, or Muscala at PF... but I would guess that's garbage minutes only...

There is a reason Gallo played almost all of his minutes at C this year.  He doesn't have the athleticism and quickness to play PF anymore.  Old and too many injuries.  If anyone knocks Wiseman out of the rotation it would be Gallo.  

Attention draft nerds.  Cooper Flagg (Montverde Academy) vs AJ Dybantsa (Prolific Prep) tonight at 7:30PM on ESPN2.  Those two plus the Boozer kid are considered the three best prospects currently not in the NBA regardless of class.  

I never imagined we would be in the Flagg mix.  But after this year I don't see Detroit getting out of the lottery next season.

5 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Attention draft nerds.  Cooper Flagg (Montverde Academy) vs AJ Dybantsa (Prolific Prep) tonight at 7:30PM on ESPN2.  Those two plus the Boozer kid are considered the three best prospects currently not in the NBA regardless of class.  

I never imagined we would be in the Flagg mix.  But after this year I don't see Detroit getting out of the lottery next season.

with his heart condition and the way he's playing, is bronny james even draftable at this point?

and how many second round picks will weaver have to give up for trade back into the first round to get him?

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

with his heart condition and the way he's playing, is bronny james even draftable at this point?

and how many second round picks will weaver have to give up for trade back into the first round to get him?

If you or I was his dad, no.  Someone will grab him just because Lebron wants to play with him.  Worst case you trade him to LA.  Best case you get Lebron?  I guess?  

12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That old man would still be the best player on about 70% of the teams.  

For how long?

And exactly how good is junior?  Will he be forced into more minutes than he should be by senior?

Nah, pass.  Can’t deny his place in basketball history or what he’s accomplished in his career.  But the juice won’t be worth the squeeze at this point.

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

For how long?

And exactly how good is junior?  Will he be forced into more minutes than he should be by senior?

Nah, pass.  Can’t deny his place in basketball history or what he’s accomplished in his career.  But the juice won’t be worth the squeeze at this point.

modern medicine has preserved/emhanced lebron very well.

17 minutes ago, buddha said:

modern medicine has preserved/emhanced lebron very well.

I think he deserves some credit, too.  24/7/7 at age 39?  Sure, training and nutrition are better now than in the past.  But he’s putting in the work, too.

I remember back in day on the old board the former poster Mickey was proclaiming every year that "this is the year father time catches up with Lebron", here we are almost 10 years after he started that and it still hasn't caught up to him yet atleast to any real extent. 

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

I think he deserves some credit, too.  24/7/7 at age 39?  Sure, training and nutrition are better now than in the past.  But he’s putting in the work, too.

its more than training and nutrition.  he's juiced to hell.

he's still a mutant and the best basketball player in history, but he is the poster child for peds.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The talent in this game is crazy. The #1 ranked senior, junior, and sophomore are playing. Quite a few other highly ranked guys as well.

18 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The talent in this game is crazy. The #1 ranked senior, junior, and sophomore are playing. Quite a few other highly ranked guys as well.

the lions are hosting a playoff game and youre watching a bunch of high school kids who will be drafted by other teams when the pistons pick 5th.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

the lions are hosting a playoff game and youre watching a bunch of high school kids who will be drafted by other teams when the pistons pick 5th.

The beautiful thing about the NFL. They provide 13 commercial breaks an hour to flip back to the basketball game.