2024 NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions (14-5) @ San Francisco 49ers (13-5)

I don't know if I'll ever get over this game. The season, which should have been considered wildly successful regardless of this result, somehow feels like a failure now. Only the Lions can find a way to cap an incredible season like this with a collapse like this. Maybe I'll look at the season more fondly the further we get from today but right now, it feels like a failure in a game that was right there for them to take.  I blame Campbell for foolishly going for it up 24-10 and in FG range, completely turned the game right there and then.

3 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

You can't blame Campbell on this one. 

You absolutely can. His foolish bravado on that 4th down completely changed the momentum, you kick the 45-47 yard FG there to go up 27-10. No brainer

I love him as coach but he cost them there.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

Just now, Shinzaki said:

Buh bye

Great.  Keep rooting for a team that works harder to lose than to win. How can anyone keep their job when don’t kick the FGs and then waste time he most valuable timeout of all time?  How do you run the ball?

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

Great.  Keep rooting for a team that works harder to lose than to win. How can anyone keep their job when don’t kick the FGs and then waste time he most valuable timeout of all time?  How do you run the ball?

Why do you care...you arent a Lions fan now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

I don't know if I'll ever get over this game. The season, which should have been considered wildly successful regardless of this result, somehow feels like a failure now. Only the Lions can find a way to cap an incredible season like this with a collapse like this. Maybe I'll look at the season more fondly the further we get from today but right now, it feels like a failure in a game that was right there for them to take.  I blame Campbell for foolishly going for it up 24-10 and in FG range, completely turned the game right there and then.

I don't agree, even a little bit. This was the most fun I've had following this team in my life. And it's been since the late 60's. Great, great season. Yes, bad loss to end it but nobody can take away our historic run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I can’t root for this team with such a reckless coach.  He threw the game. 

Well, then I expect to not see you around next season because Campbell is surely going to be here next year. He's done what no other coach has done in Detroit in more than half a century. Top 4 team in the NFL. That's nothing to be ashamed of.