2024 NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions (14-5) @ San Francisco 49ers (13-5)

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

DVR it and start at the beginning and FF through the downtime and commercials and you'll probably be all caught up live by midway through the 2nd. 

Nah, I'm just gonna listen to the radio until I get home. While I'll be at peace with whatever happens, I am excited for it, and I don't think I'd be able to hold out even that much knowing that it's happening at the moment.

I’m feeling good about today, fellas. 

Detroit has the better and more experienced QB. He has been here before. Now he is here again, but all the pressure is on Purdy to live up to the #1 seed, at home. 

Detroit’s coaching staff is also fearless. They were not supposed to bring this team to this game. They were supposed to wait until next year to contend. They were not supposed to be able to overcome their defensive deficiencies. But here they are.

Shanahan has all the questions and pressure on him. The collapse as Atlanta OC in the Super Bowl, giving up 21 fourth quarter points to KC in Super Bowl 54, giving up 13 fourth quarter points to the Rams in their Super Bowl season. 

When it is close in the 4th quarter, all of these collapses will be fresh in the memory of the 49ers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, oblong said:

We had dinner in midtown. Ride rhe Q Line down to watch. Then drove by the train station.  It as bumper to bumper by the station.  Cars turning every which way. 

Have the Tigers done a drone show yet? I would be much more apt to hanging aroud for that rather than fireworks.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Have the Tigers done a drone show yet? I would be much more apt to hanging aroud for that rather than fireworks.

They did one on the last Friday in lieu of fireworks. Miggy themed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lions 28 49ers 27. Game comes down to the final minute. Lions down 27-21. Goff rolls out to his right and is getting squeezed by the sideline and throws across his body and finds Laporta streaking across the back of the end zone for the game winning TD. 

Badgley shanks the extra point, but Chase Young lined up offsides. The TV cuts to Brad Holmes yelling in his suite while pounding the table "I TOLD YOU WE DIDN'T NEED HIM"

Badgley nails the second attempt.

3 hours ago, Jason_R said:

I’m feeling good about today, fellas. 

Detroit has the better and more experienced QB. He has been here before. Now he is here again, but all the pressure is on Purdy to live up to the #1 seed, at home. 

Detroit’s coaching staff is also fearless. They were not supposed to bring this team to this game. They were supposed to wait until next year to contend. They were not supposed to be able to overcome their defensive deficiencies. But here they are.

Shanahan has all the questions and pressure on him. The collapse as Atlanta OC in the Super Bowl, giving up 21 fourth quarter points to KC in Super Bowl 54, giving up 13 fourth quarter points to the Rams in their Super Bowl season. 

When it is close in the 4th quarter, all of these collapses will be fresh in the memory of the 49ers. 

SF has been in 4 out of the last 5 NFC Championship games.

I'm expecting the the ride to end tonight, but I know Detroit has a legit chance to keep it going. I honestly won't get nervous unless the Lions still have a chance going into the 4th quarter, because Goff has been effing money in the 4th.