Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

Based on this, I think it's going to get done within the week. More likely he doesn't want to risk a freak injury occurring and costing him tens of millions. I agree though that anything bad for the Packers is good for us. I hope talks deteriorate.

I'll also lol if Love gets more money than Goff.

I’d love for the Packers to have to commit that kind of money after only 1 year.  How many young QB’s have we seen have 1 or even 2 great years and appear to be the next great one only to quickly fall back into mid tier territory shortly after getting paid.   

Edited by Hongbit

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’d love for the Packers to have to commit that kind of money after only 1 year.  How many young QB’s have we seen have 1 or even 2 great years and appear to be the next great one only to quickly fall back into mid tier territory shortly after getting paid.   

I'll admit that Love worries me. He was great down the stretch last season, and if that becomes the status quo, they'll have seriously done it again.

But, it's not a given. As you said, QBs come on the scene, look like the next great thing, and then fizzle out all the time. Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, and Rex Grossman all won playoff games too and were believed to be the next big thing by their franchises at one time. Lucky for those teams though, they didn't have to make a long-term commitment to those guys. Because they were smart enough not to draft four years ahead.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I can't decide on my choice of overreaction:

"Giving up on Manu already!?"

"The final piece!"

"WHO'S HURT"

Twitter says it's just a training camp body but IDK. He's a veteran that played for Buffalo for several years...OL depth?

21 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I purchased my new jerseys today... Hutch in black, Goff in blue, and the beast himself Giovanni Manu in white.

Going with a 4th round lineman project.  I like your style! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I purchased my new jerseys today... Hutch in black, Goff in blue, and the beast himself Giovanni Manu in white.

I thought they only made the Manu jersey in 6XL or larger.

• Haha 1

My Lions jersey history consists of the likes of Charles Rogers, Kevin Jones,  Boss Bailey, Kennoyt Kennedy(remember him?) and Ernie Sims just to name a few. They of course all ended up being busts and off the team within 2 yrs of me getting them.

My only luck has been with the team stalwarts like Barry, Calvin and Stafford. Anytime I tried to be different and stray away from the top names  I got burned. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Rod Wood made a comment this week that Allen Park will remain the Lions home for a long time.  Sounds like the idea of exploring a new facility is dead.  A likely casualty of the pending Sunday Ticket penalty that all the teams are going to have to pay in the near future.   

25 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Trent Williams now holding out until he gets a new deal.  Nice to see some drama from other NFC contenders meanwhile we have little to none since Brad took care of all this **** in the offseason. 

The Lions are probably two years away from having to deal with similar problems every offseason.