Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

50 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Imagine drafting a 26-year-old rookie who is only 3.5 years younger than your 9-year veteran starter, and he's not even ready to be the backup. 

Using a 3rd round pick on a developmental QB is not something I’ll lose sleep about no matter how his career turns out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Using a 3rd round pick on a developmental QB is not something I’ll lose sleep about no matter how his career turns out.

I'm not thrilled about it, but Holmes's overall success in the draft makes it less of a problem then it could've been.

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

And if all he turns out to be, is...

a backup QB...

Well, then isn't that why we drafted him? (Not directed at you MC but to the general audience...)

He's a rookie trying to adjust from college ball to the NFL...

He's EXACTLY where I would expect him to be on the developmental curve...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Nobody playing tonight 

Was really hoping to see Jamo, the rest I kinda figured weren't going to play or are proven commodities where I kinda know what I'm getting with them. 

Edit: You can add Levi and Paschal to that as well, wouldve liked to see them too. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Golden Tate is a Lion at heart. He keeps saying "we" and "we're". Guy looks like he could still play....I used to love watching him, the guy was SO elusive!

It is a pleasant surprise seeing him, I had no clue he'd be on the announcing crew.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Levi not playing tells me they think he's to the point where they don't need to see him tonight, which is encouraging, IMO.

I hope he plays close to what a 2nd rounder could be. 

It seems, for the most part, they've snapped that horrid streak of 2nd round busts.