Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I have zero problem with any Brad draft 

The thing is it's not just hindsight many were questioning it at the time. For clarification I didn't hate all the moves at the time but I did question trading down and passing on Turner and Torrence. Torrence was a consensus 1 or 1B guard in the draft and Turner was viewed as one of the 2nd tier CBs. Oh well we're only a year in so who knows how it will turn out and even if it doesn't turn out well even the best miss from time to time. 

On Torrence... Lions want heavy movement from their Guards... Torrence may not have fit there. I don't know TBH... But... Rankings mean squat... it's fit that's key.

DJ Turner? Meh...

Now, Rashee Rice... would have looked really good as our current #3 WR...

But I can live with Hooker.

No doubt in my mind.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Hooker is a better runner than I thought. 

Same, the times I watched him at Tennessee he basically looked like a pocket passer with some mobility but not a real threat to tuck and run. THen again those SEC defenses may have been faster than these 3rd stringers playing for the Giants. lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The thing is it's not just hindsight many were questioning it at the time. For clarification I didn't hate all the moves at the time but I did question trading down and passing on Turner and Torrence. Torrence was a consensus 1 or 1B guard in the draft and Turner was viewed as one of the 2nd tier CBs. Oh well we're only a year in so who knows how it will turn out and even if it doesn't turn out well even the best miss from time to time. 

I'm sure there were also great players in the later rounds we could have taken instead. But Hooker filled (fills?) a need. No problems...

9 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

... Now, Rashee Rice... would have looked really good as our current #3 WR...

Speaking of which...

Who's going to grab the #3 WR spot for the Lions this year?

Hard to tell anything today with the (mostly) spotty QB passing so far...