Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

13 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Clearly resigning Goff was a mistake. Should have just turned the reigns over to Hooker. Seriously, he looked solid today and it does give me a small amount of hope that we have our backup QB position locked down this year. 

I know you're joking but God help us if/when Goff has a bad game or 2 this year cause takes like this is all you're going to hear from the shock jocks and radio callers. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Clearly resigning Goff was a mistake. Should have just turned the reigns over to Hooker. Seriously, he looked solid today and it does give me a small amount of hope that we have our backup QB position locked down this year. 

Exactly. He would look even better if he played with the 1st string. Bledsoe/Brady situation if Goff gets injured? Maybe Hooker is the better player? Scary thought...

11 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Just bought tickets for next weeks Steelers game. When do the gates usually open for PS games?

I would call and ask to be sure but usually it’s two hours in advance (so 11am). It can vary based on the game though, like I think they opened the gates for the Rams playoff game three hours before kick because it was so cold and the demand was so high.

In yesteryears, I could see them opening later for a preseason game. They usually don’t fully staff the preseason. But I’ve seen they’re selling standing room only tickets for that game, which is insane, so hopefully they’re fully staffed. This ain’t your grandfather’s Lions team.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Come on now, show some grace. Who hasn’t urinated on a fellow passenger forcing an international flight to return to Boston at least once in your life?

Well, me for one. Honestly I'm not sure why you assume that most people have done this? It's frankly disturbing that you'd assume this. I'm a bit put out that you'd state something like this because when I did it, it was a domestic flight and therefore totally different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Oddly enough I know someone who's parents were on that flight haha.  They had already been super delayed because of a plane malfunction too.  I was shocked to see it was ol Gosder this morning, crazy.

I took one of those sleeping pills (Ambien) when I was in the hospital about 10 years ago. I talked on the phone with my brother for over an hour. And I didn't remember a single second of our conversation. Stuff is dangerous!

Interaction at a rural Iowa gas station while pumping gas:

Stranger: “Beautiful weather we are having”

Me: “absolutely!”

Stranger seeing my Lions sweatshirt: “go Packers”

Me: “well at least we agreed for a second”

Not another word was spoken as we pumped gas and went our separate ways.

• Haha 2

Dear Lord,

I don’t come and ask you for things very often but please this one time can you make this be ok.    

I promise if you do this,  I will look at less internet pron (for at least the next few months or so). 

Thank you Lord

Amen 

• Like 3