Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Would you waive Emmanuel Mosley with an injury designation at this point or do you keep hanging onto him to see what you might have in the event he ever sees the field again?

I say we stop paying him to not play for us

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Would you waive Emmanuel Mosley with an injury designation at this point or do you keep hanging onto him to see what you might have in the event he ever sees the field again?

They have said they are designating him as one of the two players they can put directly on IR without having to be on the 53 and still have the ability to return during the season.  So he won't count as part of the initial 53 man roster, but is eligible to return.  Cominsky is the other one they are doing that with.  So anyone else they want to put on IR with the ability to return, has to be on the 53 first and then can get moved to IR.

18 minutes ago, 4hzglory said:

They have said they are designating him as one of the two players they can put directly on IR without having to be on the 53 and still have the ability to return during the season.  So he won't count as part of the initial 53 man roster, but is eligible to return.  Cominsky is the other one they are doing that with.  So anyone else they want to put on IR with the ability to return, has to be on the 53 first and then can get moved to IR.

Cominsky is not yet confirmed. Given his timeline is postseason and Moseley’s was late regular season, I don’t think Cominsky is a given to be the second. If Iffy or Brodric Martin won’t be able to go for 2+ weeks, then it might make more sense to use that second IR return slot for them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, buddha said:

DPJ did not find himself in a crowded reveiver room, he was practically given the job when they (correctly) let reynolds walk.  and he played half-hearted football.  he deserved to be cut.

he was probably the best pure athlete michigan has had at receiver in quite some time and he has been nothing but a disappointment in college and the pros.

sayonara.  someone might give him another chance because he is such a good athlete, but he's running out of time.  hope he saved his money.

All the physical tools but it seems like he just doesn't want it enough. I've seen him bail on routes enough times to know that he's not what the Lions need. I think the only reason he was signed and kept this long into TC is because of his physical tools and the ever present need the Lions have for an X receiver. Guy was given every opportunity and dropped the ball time after time, so to speak.

13 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Cominsky is not yet confirmed. Given his timeline is postseason and Moseley’s was late regular season, I don’t think Cominsky is a given to be the second. If Iffy or Brodric Martin won’t be able to go for 2+ weeks, then it might make more sense to use that second IR return slot for them.

I definitely get that with Cominsky's timeline being that late.

Lots of interesting names but we know the Lions value the fit into their culture even more than talent.  It’s hard to predict who they may have their eye on without knowing anything about that side of the player.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

There are lots of options now. At #29 in the waiver wire pecking order, they may need to swing a last minute trade though if they want their pick of the litter.

If they didn’t win those games at the end, they would have been higher in the order. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Lots of interesting names but we know the Lions value the fit into their culture even more than talent.  It’s hard to predict who they may have their eye on without knowing anything about that side of the player.  

I'm guessing Toney isn't a target lol

• Haha 1

Just now, buddha said:

kind of surprised about peko.  especially with martin going on IR.

Peko is the one surprise I see for sure. Houston makes it over Ukwu, which is interesting. I think that was Holmes winning something of a tug-of-war with Campbell, Campbell seemed to prefer Ukwu. They went with Parker Hesse at TE and released both Mitchell and Zylstra.