quintez cephus!

amani oruwariye

alex leatherwood (haha mayock)

mike white (friend of tater)

bailey zappe

equanimious st brown (lions pick up?)

allen robinson ii (he used to be good)

parris campbell

Cominsky made the initial 53, which means he'll be placed on IR after a day. Someone will replace him.

Peko could be the 2024 version of Dan Skipper; released on cutdown day with the expectation that he'll be re-signed the following day. He's a veteran, so no waivers to clear. Veterans are also guaranteed their entire season's salary if they make the initial 53-man roster. Between Reader and Martin's injury, and Wingo being a rookie, they may not want to guarantee Peko a job for the whole season, but he could be back.

26 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Cominsky made the initial 53, which means he'll be placed on IR after a day. Someone will replace him.

Peko could be the 2024 version of Dan Skipper; released on cutdown day with the expectation that he'll be re-signed the following day. He's a veteran, so no waivers to clear. Veterans are also guaranteed their entire season's salary if they make the initial 53-man roster. Between Reader and Martin's injury, and Wingo being a rookie, they may not want to guarantee Peko a job for the whole season, but he could be back.

Rogers seems to agree:

The more I think about it, they might be planning for a trade to occur very shortly. Like tonight.

Cominsky has to be on the 53-man for a single day to be eligible to return - not sure if it's 24 hours or effectively two days though. If their WR was going to be a waiver wire addition, they could have kept Peko on the 53-man, designated Cominsky to the IR tomorrow, and had their waiver wire addition replace Cominsky. The open spot is only needed if a move was going to happen in that single day where Cominsky is rostered.

Though the salary implications of Peko not being on the initial 53-man matters too, so it could be that.

32 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Equanimious St. Brown? We could sign him as a free agent, I think. He doesn't go to the waiver wire. It might be the big body we desire. 6'5"

No, he’s not better than those they cut.

16 minutes ago, Woodrowjr said:

I'm betting both Sudfeld and Peko come back to the Lions after they move Cominsky to the IR.

They wouldn’t cut Sudfeld, and leave an open roster spot, if they wanted to keep him on the 53. Maybe the practice squad.

1 hour ago, Woodrowjr said:

I'm betting both Sudfeld and Peko come back to the Lions after they move Cominsky to the IR.

56 minutes ago, Longgone said:

They wouldn’t cut Sudfeld, and leave an open roster spot, if they wanted to keep him on the 53. Maybe the practice squad.

It all could be financial in nature. Vets who make the initial 53-man are guaranteed their full salary. If they were sure they could get both Peko and Sudfeld back after they cut them, but weren’t sure they’d want them all fall (e.g., if Martin and Hooker develop enough), they can save money if they cut either of them at any point in the season.

If that’s what happens (Sudfeld and Peko are re-signed), that’s what I would expect to be the case.

I would be fine with Allen Robinson as a stopgap X-receiver.

He doesn't need to be what he once was.

He just needs to be a dependable #3 on this team...

And I think there'd be enough room on the roster to last the season... I don't mean stopgap just for a couple games... and we do have an enticing potential playoff run that should attract almost any veteran that we wanted to add this year...

Just my 2 cents.