2024 MLB Thread

53 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Yup,  I hate seeing great young players get seriously injured.  This seems to be an unfortunate pattern for him.  

Now both knees have ACL tear histories. I don’t know how you maintain elite performance with that.

6 hours ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

I am going to miss those feelings of awe and amazement I had at how he could so badly miss a blatantly obvious call and show no doubt or remorse whatsoever while tossing the person rightfully complaining out of the game.

I won’t.

I am reminded that when I went to Game 1 of the 2005 World Series, he was working right field and Country Joe was working the plate. Laz Diaz was nowhere to be found.

4 minutes ago, tiger1983uk said:

I was at the first London Series game in 2019, when they announced the Umpires, everybody booed Hernandez, it was brilliant!

You know its bad when people 3000 miles away know how bad you are. 

Angel is an international celebrity…for all the wrong reasons.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I don’t understand why Negro league stats would impact MLB records.  It was a completely different league.   Why are they doing this?

Edited by Hongbit

Posted (edited)

In addition to a much different competition level, Negro league seasons were only 50 games.  This is an absolute travesty if they are going to treat these single season numbers for both leagues as the exact same.   50 game season vs. 162.  That’s a huge difference that just can’t be ignored.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

In addition to a much different competition level, Negro league seasons were only 50 games.  This is an absolute travesty if they are going to treat these single season numbers for both leagues as the exact same.   50 game season vs. 162.  That’s a huge difference that just can’t be ignored.  

154 game...but yeah

Edited by Shinzaki

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Some would argue that  White Leagues prior to 1947 should not be mixed in with integration era leagues beause the competition level was lower. 

I say put all the stats out there and let fans and researchers decide what to do.  There will be American League Stats, National League stats and all the different Black leagues.  If someone wants to ignore the Black leagues, they can do so.

How inferior are the Black leagues?  Most assume they were inferior because the population of Blacks was smaller than the population of Whites, but Black teams had a better record in exhibitions between White and Black teams.  So, maybe not so inferior.  Nobody really knows.  

• Like 1