2024 MLB Thread

17 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

This DH is a disaster for MLB. The 2 teams fighting for the last WC spot, and seeding, get rained out and have to play a DH the day before the playoffs.  It's a serious disadvantage for their games tomorrow. Place. Your, Bets....lol

Especially since either the Mets or Braves need to get all the way to San Diego for tomorrow! 

I wonder if that's one of the reasons they set the Tigers as the earliest game. Gives the NL teams a few more hours to get ready.

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Especially since either the Mets or Braves need to get all the way to San Diego for tomorrow! 

I wonder if that's one of the reasons they set the Tigers as the earliest game. Gives the NL teams a few more hours to get ready.

Ahhh...good catch. Yeah, that makes sense. But, I still don't like it...lol

On 9/30/2024 at 1:27 PM, Tenacious D said:

Wonder if Harris will throw his old boss a bone and hire him in some capacity?

The guy was a PBO, so I don’t know how far down the org chart he’d want to go just to get another job sooner than later.

8 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Couple of fun facts:

-3 of the 4 teams in the ALDS are from the AL Central

-Baltimore has now lost 10 consecutive playoff games

-We will never see Greg Pappas again.

Remember last summer when all the talk was how about far the wonderful rebuild of the Orioles was so much better than that of the Tigers. Ok, it probably is, with 101 wins last year and a more talented roster. But it is ironic that the Tigers - who were only 5 games behind Baltimore this regular season - are still playing and the O’s are done. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I listened to Bob Uecker in the 9tn. He is 90 and sounds his age. Does he always pause for a few seconds after every 4 words, even in mid-sentence?

Uecker's pacing is always on the deliberate side, but he sounded off to me tonight. Apparently he wasn't in the booth for first two games, so maybe he's been feeling poorly.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2024/10/03/brewers-radio-legend-bob-uecker-hasnt-called-first-two-playoff-games/75501652007/

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

A double play ends it. Mets win 4-2 and will play Philly. I listened to Bob Uecker in the 9tn. He is 90 and sounds his age. Does he always pause for a few seconds after every 4 words, even in mid-sentence?

I put Brewers radio on the phone, cast it to the soundbar and synched it up, same as with Dan and Bobby, specifically to hear Ueck, because it might be the last game he ever does.