2024 MLB Thread

My facebook memories the other day had me bitching about him doing a game on MLB Network in the playoffs, must have been 2017...  He'd lost it then.  It was as if he didn't watch baseball since NBC lost the TV contract and he assumed none of his viewers had watched it since then either so he had to catch everybody up on what's happened since then.  "The game's more global now...."... really Bob?  We hadn't noticed.

He referrred to Carlos Beltran as "Albert Belle" according to my post.  

16 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I am really surprised the Padres weren't able to close that series out last night. It seemed setup perfectly for them, with Freeman out and Dodgers having to do a bullpen game.

It was weird to see Dylan Cease get knocked around.  I’m used to seeing him  dominate the Tigers lineup . 

Watching yesterday's game and I was really struck by how much the "Marathon" ad patch on the Guardians' jerseys stood out. Did we just luck out in meijer being nice about a small logo and letting the color match the uniform?image.png.96d153aaaf98bed82ac6ee4effaa28d6.png

I mean ideally there wouldn't be ads on the jerseys, but I get that money talks so the ads aren't going away. We could have gotten a lot worse than what we go in terms of ads: image.png.ac7064bfaed8792b465103f825b44c30.png

Edit to ad: Just to be clear here... I'm strictly talking talking about the look of the logo and how well it blends in or doesn't blend in with the jersey. This isn't a commentary on any of the companies here.

8 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Watching yesterday's game and I was really struck by how much the "Marathon" ad patch on the Guardians' jerseys stood out. Did we just luck out in meijer being nice about a small logo and letting the color match the uniform?image.png.96d153aaaf98bed82ac6ee4effaa28d6.png

I mean ideally there wouldn't be ads on the jerseys, but I get that money talks so the ads aren't going away. We could have gotten a lot worse than what we go in terms of ads: image.png.ac7064bfaed8792b465103f825b44c30.png

Edit to ad: Just to be clear here... I'm strictly talking talking about the look of the logo and how well it blends in or doesn't blend in with the jersey. This isn't a commentary on any of the companies here.

The QT one stands out for me, ugh, such a clash. 
At least it’s not the NHL, yet, which allows stains like this to the front of the jersey. 

IMG_3949.jpeg

13 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Watching yesterday's game and I was really struck by how much the "Marathon" ad patch on the Guardians' jerseys stood out. Did we just luck out in meijer being nice about a small logo and letting the color match the uniform?

I think that the answer to this is yes

16 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

image.png.ac7064bfaed8792b465103f825b44c30.png

Is there anyone that looks at the patch that says Oxy, and doesn't think of the drug? I actually have no idea what that truly is.

35 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Is that even repairable in an off-season?  And what happens when another storm comes through next year?

Reportedly, none of the roofs supporting structure was damaged. With that, I’m guessing, and it is only a guess, that they can have it ready to go for opening day. 
It was last year I believe that Port Charlotte, their spring training facility was severely damaged. Maybe the baseball gods are trying to send a message there.  

7 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Is there anyone that looks at the patch that says Oxy, and doesn't think of the drug? I actually have no idea what that truly is.

Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an American company engaged in hydrocarbon exploration in the United States and the Middle East as well as petrochemical manufacturing in the United States, Canada, and Chile. It is incorporated under the Delaware General Corporation Law and headquartered in Houston

I don't have cable , so I don't watch ESPN anymore. Am I right to assume that non stop orgasmic delight is being seen on that network due to the fact the Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers are in the playoffs?

Edited by HeyAbbott

44 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an American company engaged in hydrocarbon exploration in the United States and the Middle East as well as petrochemical manufacturing in the United States, Canada, and Chile. It is incorporated under the Delaware General Corporation Law and headquartered in Houston

Oxy was Armand Hammer's company. He was one of history's more colorful CEOs.