2024 MLB Thread

The location of that Tampa Tarpons (nee Yankees) stadium is where the Rays stadium ought to have been all along, but couldn't be, because the Yankees were there already.  It is right across from the Bucs stadium (though the Tampa Yanks were there first) in an area that has good major road and freeway service.  Appropros of nothing, I also met Skeeter Barnes there once when he was managing the Lakeland Tigers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I think I've seen this show before. Wasn't a move to Tampa in the cards in order to replace Old Comiskey. It's a ploy to get funding for the Southside stadium, whether by Jerry or someone else.

Brandon Johnson's already gonna throw a couple billion of my dollars at a new Bears stadium, so what's a couple billion more for a new Jerx Sox Parx?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I'm not sure they will want to play outside in Tampa in the middle of summer. I could see Nashville happening, though, perhaps as an audition for the White Sox to move there after the Dave Stewart group buys them from Reinsdorf.

If the Sox were bought and moved to Nashville, they should move them to the NL Central and put Milwaukee or Pittsburgh in the AL Central

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkeytargets39 said:

If the Sox were bought and moved to Nashville, they should move them to the NL Central and put Milwaukee or Pittsburgh in the AL Central

Interesting thought. I would be for the Brewers coming back to the AL, partially because that's my history, mostly because that would mean the Tigers would go there semiannually instead of biannually. Based on their recent run of success, though, I don't see them as eager to leave the NL Central anytime soon.