2024 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Dodged a bullet on this one ...

The Angels announced they’ve transferred reliever José Cisnero from the 15-day to the 60-day injured list. They needed to open a roster spot for infielder Michael Stefanic, who is back from his own 60-day IL stint. The Halos reinstated him onto the 40-man and optioned him to Triple-A Salt Lake.

41 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The Angels announced they’ve transferred reliever José Cisnero from the 15-day to the 60-day injured list. They needed to open a roster spot for infielder Michael Stefanic, who is back from his own 60-day IL stint. The Halos reinstated him onto the 40-man and optioned him to Triple-A Salt Lake.

in other old friends news

8 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I just pre-ordered it.  I have not read a book about 1984 that I thought was really good. Maybe, I am just too nostalgic about that season.   

I read Bless You Boys by Sparky in grade school for a book report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

McCosky must be inconsolable right now

34 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

12/11, 12:10 pm text from @microline133

"I'd kind of like to see Fetter get a shot with Jack Flaherty."

December 20: Jack Flaherty signs with the Tigers.

First two months: Flaherty looks like an ace.

They showed a graphic last night for the improvements to his slider. Every category was much better than last year.

41 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

12/11, 12:10 pm text from @microline133

"I'd kind of like to see Fetter get a shot with Jack Flaherty."

December 20: Jack Flaherty signs with the Tigers.

First two months: Flaherty looks like an ace.

Does micro have an hitting idea?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Does micro have an hitting idea?

I don't know that magic bullet was available this offseason. There only of the top 40 position players in 2024 fWAR who was a free agent this past offseason was Jurickson Profar.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I don't know that magic bullet was available this offseason. There only of the top 40 position players in 2024 fWAR who was a free agent this past offseason was Jurickson Profar.

And this was an historically awful year for free agent hitters, Ohtani notwithstanding.

With Soto, Alonso, Bellinger, Adams, Kim, Bregman, and Verdugo all available, the pickings should be a little more to our likely, although we probably won’t bid the top of the market. I could see us making a bid for Kim, a plus shortstop with an average stick, and showing Javy the door.

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, oblong said:

My wife says this could be 8 weeks of rehab for a normal person. 

BP Recovery dashboard has an N of 6-8 ppl with similar injuries (lumbar stress fracture, lower back stress fracture, etc.), all in the 4 month range.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

BP Recovery dashboard has an N of 6-8 ppl with similar injuries (lumbar stress fracture, lower back stress fracture, etc.), all in the 4 month range.

yeah I wouldnt be shocked if it was the season backs are tricky

12 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I think we can all agree I'm an idiot.  But I'm thinking the words "spinal fracture" and "baseball swing" don't do well together.  I think Baddoo can unpack his bags for a while.  Hopefully his new mechanics yield well in the next few months.  I don't know how the front office perceives his future beyond this season, but he's going to have the opportunity to show his wares for 29 other teams.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I think we can all agree I'm an idiot.  But I'm thinking the words "spinal fracture" and "baseball swing" don't do well together.  I think Baddoo can unpack his bags for a while.  Hopefully his new mechanics yield well in the next few months.  I don't know how the front office perceives his future beyond this season, but he's going to have the opportunity to show his wares for 29 other teams.

Maybe we can package him in July to goose up the return.

My neice was a softball player in HS..she had a spinal stress fx and wound up quitting the sport because swinging a bat put too much stress on it.  Of course...she was a wee little thing..but still

15 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Isn't this pretty much what Stafford had once - IIRC he is still playing NFL football, so lets not write Kerry off just yet.