2024 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

11 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

I guess I dont see this team being that good I may be wrong

11 teams, out of the other 29, have won more games, 12 have lost fewer.  No, I wouldn't call them "good" but I don't think they warrant the beating they get here after a loss.  People act like they are the 2003 Tigers sometimes. They are on the the middle of the pack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, oblong said:

11 teams, out of the other 29, have won more games, 12 have lost fewer.  No, I wouldn't call them "good" but I don't think they warrant the beating they get here after a loss.  People act like they are the 2003 Tigers sometimes. They are on the the middle of the pack.

thats because there isnt anything to talk after a win like there is after a loss thats just the internet and fans. The expections this season are a little higher after the hot start and  good season... the 03 season it was hard to get much talk at all in the game threads people didnt care enough to post

Edited by Toddwert

The 2009 Tigers were 34-31 and leading the division by 2 games. 

The 2012 Tigers were 31-34 and four games back. 

What I’m saying is that we are probably going to get swept in the World Series again after Skubal gets rocked in game 1. But that’s better than losing game 163.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What do normal people do when there is no Tiger game to watch and they can't do house work ? 

It was a great evening for a bike ride.  Probably go pull some weeds here shortly and then see if I can get my OOTP online team going in the right direction (for next season) at this trade deadline.

18 hours ago, oblong said:

I still watch the games, obviously, but the negativity relative to their record or the expectations they had going into the year has made it a lot harder to have fun engaging with others when discussing this team. It's relatively tame here, it's even worse on Twitter or other venues.

I'm not saying they are good or that they are where any of us want them to be (they are very mid, they aren't where we want them to be), but the relentless negativity just gets old.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I still watch the games, obviously, but the negativity relative to their record or the expectations they had going into the year has made it a lot harder to have fun engaging with others when discussing this team. It's relatively tame here, it's even worse on Twitter or other venues.

I'm not saying they are good or that they are where any of us want them to be (they are very mid, they aren't where we want them to be), but the relentless negativity just gets old.

Yeah, I'll be honest I have had to block some people on here because the constant negativity of it does nothing but annoy me and make me not want to hop on to talk Tigers. You know it is bad when you know when consistently if they are doing well posts on GDT's are less than when they are doing poorly.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Yeah, I'll be honest I have had to block some people on here because the constant negativity of it does nothing but annoy me and make me not want to hop on to talk Tigers. You know it is bad when you know when consistently if they are doing well posts on GDT's are less than when they are doing poorly.  

There's a larger cultural point to made that is bigger than baseball, but rage sells. Particularly in the age of social media.

But it's a choice, particularly when it comes to sports which, in the grand scheme of things, matter less than many other things going on out there

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Shelton said:

The 2009 Tigers were 34-31 and leading the division by 2 games. 

The 2012 Tigers were 31-34 and four games back. 

What I’m saying is that we are probably going to get swept in the World Series again after Skubal gets rocked in game 1. But that’s better than losing game 163.

Only the important stuff.  

31 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There's a larger cultural point to made that is bigger than baseball, but rage sells. Particularly in the age of social media.

But it's a choice, particularly when it comes to sports which, in the grand scheme of things, matter less than many other things going on out there

A couple years ago, I went through and culled my Twitter to hopefully reduce the amount of outrage that shows up in my feed (and therefore the amount of outrage from my account). It seems to be working now. Quick to mute topics that may lead to craziness (e.g. "Pride" this month).