2024 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

I KNOW this sounds nuts...but the Twins are pummeled by injuries and KC has been scuffling. KC is now done with CWS, while Det still has 7 games left with them. Det is getting some key players back from injury. They were recently ~11 games back in the wild card. Now down to 7.5. Yes it's crazy, but maybe there is still a chance. Even Javy has shown signs the past month. 

19 minutes ago, papalawrence said:

I KNOW this sounds nuts...but the Twins are pummeled by injuries and KC has been scuffling. KC is now done with CWS, while Det still has 7 games left with them. Det is getting some key players back from injury. They were recently ~11 games back in the wild card. Now down to 7.5. Yes it's crazy, but maybe there is still a chance. Even Javy has shown signs the past month. 

Hinch has been preaching nine innings since he got here so I'm sure he talks about 162 as well.

33 minutes ago, papalawrence said:

Well, it sounds nuts because it is nuts.

On the other hand, this team has a lot of players that ain't been in an MLB playoff push.  Just let them see what they can get themselves into.  Maybe they're naive enough to not help themselves from making up some ground.

Are there a lot of rainouts in the florida league during the summer. We vacationed  there 3 times the last few years and every year we get rained out on plans. I guess double headers are a way of life. A few weeks ago we went to see the Tampa Tarpons, or tried to.  $2 tickets so no big loss and we at least got to see the stadium.  If I ever do move from the Detroit area I would probably get season tickets to the closest minor league team because watching a game is a great way to spend a summer evening and getting season tickets makes you feel a part of something.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

I have to say that this team (AAA players and all) has kept my interest up all year. These guys could be pretty good for the for the next few years with the addition of or the breaking out of a couple of real stars. It's fun to wear Tiger gear into the month of August for a change. 😉

I wore my Tigers road jersey with Cabrera on the back and the number 24 to a social function just last night. Normal people out in the chilly diaspora who haven’t been captured by this sublime mania don’t get it and I don’t care. On rare occasion, I’ll run into a former Detroiter in Idaho and when they see this, their eyes light up and we share the divine charge. I know it sounds dumb, but that’s what it’s like. So I totally get what you’re saying. 

7 hours ago, papalawrence said:

Even though it’s a stretch I’m not going to rain on anybody’s parade because it’s hard not to feel hopeful when you see the glimmers of possibility we have. For too long, we’ve been like my early 1960s junior high history book that had pictures of Magellan‘s starving circumnavigating crew eating boiled shoe leather to stay alive. Because lately, we’ve been dining at the Andiamo Steakhouse and enjoying the long bar, which is a lot better than boiled shoe leather. 

7 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Even though it’s a stretch I’m not going to rain on anybody’s parade because it’s hard not to feel hopeful when you see the glimmers of possibility we have. For too long, we’ve been like my early 1960s junior high history book that had pictures of Magellan‘s starving circumnavigating crew eating boiled shoe leather to stay alive. Because lately, we’ve been dining at the Andiamo Steakhouse and enjoying the long bar, which is a lot better than boiled shoe leather. 

Boiled shoe leather isn't bad with some hot sauce

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

would not be a fan of Gio being let go.

Badoo and McKinstry have to be it.  Th

No, that would make sense.     Someone we like probably got hurt.    Like Carpenter is out again or Keith is done for the year - because that would be TIGERS luck.  

See if Sweeney is a viable SS option and a better McKinstry and let Jung takes his lumps now and maybe be more ready at the start of next year.   

Greene and Tork should be back up soon, right?   

I would be surprised to see Ibanez on this team next year. He’s 31 and heading into 1st arbitration. They may try to trade him for just about anything. I just don't see them wasting a spot. 

I think the only spot they will look for on the position side would be a 1st basemen that can complement or replace Tork who probably hits from the left side. I will be interested to see what they do with 1B this offseason.