2024 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

I hope his son Jack is doing ok.  He was such an early advocate for special needs kids.  It wasn’t talked about as much thirty years ago but thanks to people like Jim having that courage it is now.  

• Like 1

I'm going Sunday. Brother lives in the area and his boys have never been to an MLB game, so it's going to be their first. We are operating under the assumption tickets to see that White Sox team will not be cost prohibitive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I'm going Sunday. Brother lives in the area and his boys have never been to an MLB game, so it's going to be their first. We are operating under the assumption tickets to see that White Sox team will not be cost prohibitive.

You should be able to get tickets close enough to take out the first base ump.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

Are you going to teach them all the waiver rules?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

When was the last time if ever the Tigers spent a week on the road in the same city like they are Chicago this week? Nothing springs to mind off the top of my head. 

Reminds me of the 30's-40's when they would ride a train to each city. A stop like that would make perfect sense.

12 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Jim was like an uncle who had played for the team. Jim felt like family. 

Jim Price was my Tigers Fantasy Camp coach in 2008. He really was a swell fella in all the best senses of the word.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Since it’s the White Sox, it’s going to be only half an MLB game. Ease the kids in. Good strategy.

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

When was the last time if ever the Tigers spent a week on the road in the same city like they are Chicago this week? Nothing springs to mind off the top of my head. 

The Tigers are coming at a great and weird time. The eyes of the nation and much of the world are on Chicago at the moment, so getting around freely has its challenges, but also, the weather here this week is spectacularly summery in the way you dream in February it will be. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Reminds me of the 30's-40's when they would ride a train to each city. A stop like that would make perfect sense.

Understanding I could probably easily look it up on Reference, I wonder how common it was that NL teams going to NYC would play the Dodgers and Giants back to back.

taking the family to wrigley tonight.  9 year old's first game!

our downtown office is closed this week because of the dnc.  nobody wants to mess with that.  there were some protests down michigan avenue on sunday, yesterday was pretty quiet.  only 5 arrests.

up here we dont see much of anything, even though i live right next to a large arab and jewish neighborhood (living together peacefully, despite the rhetoric of certain chicago politicians).

if youre on the northside, you should be fine.

The Park Hyatt is cordoned off because that's where kamala is staying, iirc.

i assume the tigers and mlb booked these hotels a long time ago.  if not, theyre in the burbs somewhere.  its probably better to be in the burbs this week.

17 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I heard he spends a lot of time in Chicago.  

If I’m not mistaken, that’s where Chuck initially met James Charles Adduci. I believe it was at Harry’s place during the 2016 playoffs there.

I see Adduci is employed by the Cubs now so I imagine that makes the business side of things convenient for everybody. 

• Like 1