4/13/24 DH Twins @ Tigers Game 1 1:10 PM

14 minutes ago, casimir said:

Pretty obvious Vierling wasn’t up to it.  But how many ball players are up to bunting anymore?

Hinch outsmarted himself on that one - no question. I can accept that but at least take the bunt sign off when he is clearly lost on the first attempt and give him half a chance to hit.

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hinch outsmarted himself on that one - no question. I can accept that but at least take the bunt sign off when he is clearly lost on the first attempt and give him half a chance to hit.

That’s fine, he’s only got 0-1 on him at that point.  Maybe he is still out on the plate appearance, but the bunt was obviously a bad decision on 0-1 after the first pitch.

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

Yes and Yes the runner sucks. Just play 3 normal innings and call it a tie if need be. Football and Hockey have them. Ties stink but it's the better alternative

Imagine the field day traditional fans would have with this idea! 💀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Wood-Rich threw a 93 mph middle-middle FB to almost every hitter that inning and not one barreled it up - all fouled off.

That's what the kids call "unmitigated ass" offense...but yeah, he was throwing some BP fastballs.

Edited by Dtrain72

12 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Greene aint a leaoff hitter...gonna need a true lesdoff hitter and 3rd baseman come next season.

Maybe after Cabrera's salary comes off the books...oh wait...when our kids are ready. Un-huh...that's our excuse. You wouldn't want the Tigers to increase their payroll, would you? I mean, how much more can they raise ticket prices?

29 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Wood-Rich threw a 93 mph middle-middle FB to almost every hitter that inning and not one barreled it up - all fouled off.

He may be why MLB downsized all of the player name jersey fonts.  Or MLB just likes implementing dumb ideas at times.

6 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Based on what evidence so far? Regardless, I’ll take that bet!

Keith's basic approach at the plate is already better than Torks...Colby at least looks like he knows what he's doing and looking for, whereas Tork looks like he's stuck with a fart in an elevator.  Maybe it wont be by the end of April, but at some point this season, Keith will be hitting ahead of Tork.

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

Keith's basic approach at the plate is already better than Torks...Colby at least looks like he knows what he's doing and looking for, whereas Tork looks like he's stuck with a fart in an elevator.  Maybe it wont be by the end of April, but at some point this season, Keith will be hitting ahead of Tork.

What are your terms???

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Maybe after Cabrera's salary comes off the books...oh wait...when our kids are ready. Un-huh...that's our excuse. You wouldn't want the Tigers to increase their payroll, would you? I mean, how much more can they raise ticket prices?

2027's our year, just need a little more patience...hey, that's also the Redwing's year!