4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

22 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is a really good context to look at our relationship with him through.... it's an abusive relationship that we, as a country, are unable to break out of.

We have all these debates about whether or not he's downstream of partisan media outlets or social media or what have you, but nobody (on either side of the political spectrum) has the kind of hold that he does on such a large part of the country. And it reads almost like a codependency.... its why it gives off "cult" vibes.

He tells them what they want to hear. It's ok to be a racist, bigot, misogynist.

I think he loves McDonald's so much because when he was being victimized as a child, which is why he is not ok mentally now, it was a comforting place for him.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Apparently Joe Manchin left the Democratic party. 

He’s started his own party called the Green Coal Energy Party.    

Their goal is to safely and efficiently turn coal into green currency for his family business.

The energy part is what they expend waterskiing behind their yacht.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Having seen many Pa turnpike trump signs…this will be refreshing 

I’m driving the Pennsylvania Turnpike next week and the week after and I can't wait to see it!

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’m driving the Pennsylvania Turnpike next week and the week after and I can't wait to see it!

Hopefully they are still up.   I expect someone in a MAGA Mercedes [Lifted pickup with no back tailgate covered in 2A stickers and flying a full size Trump 2024 flag from the flatbed] to try to shoot it up with their AR.  

It's going to be awesome in like 2 weeks when all of the folks that totally harvey baez'd this court case on TV are going to be heralded like they didn't totally harvey baez this court case on TV. 

I'm obviously not a lawyer but just a super great message board poster, but I will say that I do think there is one thing that doesn't sit super great with me in terms of appeal.    I do think it's very strange and perhaps illogical that the prosecution leveraged law that said that these could be up'd to a felony from misdemeanor if it was done in the commission of another crime.     But that "another crime" didn't need to be litigated in any way?  The jury didn't even need to agree on what that "another crime" would be?

That part seems a little less solid to me than one would have hoped.

Does Trump still qualify as the greatest con man of all-time now that he’s been found guilty?  I don’t think he can claim that anymore.  

He’s back to being just a big time grifter with bad hair and a ****ty tan.  

45 minutes ago, pfife said:

I'm obviously not a lawyer but just a super great message board poster, but I will say that I do think there is one thing that doesn't sit super great with me in terms of appeal.    I do think it's very strange and perhaps illogical that the prosecution leveraged law that said that these could be up'd to a felony from misdemeanor if it was done in the commission of another crime.     But that "another crime" didn't need to be litigated in any way?  The jury didn't even need to agree on what that "another crime" would be?

That part seems a little less solid to me than one would have hoped.

pretty sure this is settled NY state case law. Little bit like felony murder. if you are the getaway driver and your dumb ass brother in law kills the store clerk, you can be charged with murder. Like Trump, it is the combination of crimes that really ups the ante

41 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Does Trump still qualify as the greatest con man of all-time now that he’s been found guilty?  I don’t think he can claim that anymore.  

He’s back to being just a big time grifter with bad hair and a ****ty tan.  

I would say yes since he's still conning people out of money when everyone knows he's a convicted felon. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

pretty sure this is settled NY state case law. Little bit like felony murder. if you are the getaway driver and your dumb ass brother in law kills the store clerk, you can be charged with murder. Like Trump, it is the combination of crimes that really ups the ante

Right - being settled precedent in NY state, Trump would have to almost have get to SCOTUS with the hope Alito and Thomas would lead the charge to throw out the NY statute. 

49 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is appalling

Interesting distinction here. Jesus was only 'convicted' by  Jewish religious authorities in a religious tribunal. Pilate  (the state) told them he saw no ground for any secular criminal charge, but to keep peace he threw up his hands and gave into the noise of the rabble. Jesus was not convicted of anything by State authority. So not so good an analogy in actual fact.

If anything, the State of NY's refusal to give in to Trumps rabble is quite the opposite.

• Thanks 1