4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

There have got to be some Trump voters out there who can comprehend that this was a jury of his peers right? That this was the jury his attorneys agreed on? That this verdict was unanimous? That even one hold out could have made him not a felon, and died a MAGA hero?

Probably not. Still a good day.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

There have got to be some Trump voters out there who can comprehend that this was a jury of his peers right? That this was the jury his attorneys agreed on? That this verdict was unanimous? That even one hold out could have made him not a felon, and died a MAGA hero?

Probably not. Still a good day.

Or that it was a state charge on state laws that didn't involve Biden or the federal government. 

41 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

No.

First time offender. My prediction is he gets nothing. Perhaps a fine that he doesn't pay.

His fixer, Michael Cohen received 3 years under Trump's Justice Dept for virtually the same crime. Throw in multiple counts of contempt. 

He needs to go home to Father Vlad

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Anyone think at the Republican National Convention Trump gets tossed out because he's a convicted felon?

And they vote Niki Haley as their candidate?

There's gonna be odds on that I'm guessing...

Edited by 1984Echoes

I generally believe he should be treated like any other criminal. Which starts with getting sentenced per the guidelines. Generally that would be a year or two probation, a fine, maybe community service…. if he just shuts up and takes his sentence.

But he’s not going to do that. He and his cronies are probably going to go after jurors and their families, the clerks and their families, the judge and his family, and more in the next 5 weeks. He’s going to double down on his conduct. Continue to claim he did nothing wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are massive disruptions at the courthouse, with MAGAs protesting and swatting (maybe even a 1/6 repeat at the sentencing).

It’s going to be hard for Merchan to watch the next five weeks and not sentence with that in mind. As he should, and as he would for any other convicted felon.

21 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Anyone think at the Republican National Convention Trump gets tossed out because he's a convicted felon?

And they vote Niki Haley as their candidate?

There's gonna be odds on that I'm guessing...

I think that is less likely than Biden pardoning Trump then declines to run himself