4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

Just now, CMRivdogs said:

I think that is less likely than Biden pardoning Trump then declines to run himself

Biden pardoning Trump?

**** no!

And there is no such universe where Trump declines to run himself.

It doesn't exist.

20 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I generally believe he should be treated like any other criminal. Which starts with getting sentenced per the guidelines. Generally that would be a year or two probation, a fine, maybe community service…. if he just shuts up and takes his sentence.

But he’s not going to do that. He and his cronies are probably going to go after jurors and their families, the clerks and their families, the judge and his family, and more in the next 5 weeks. He’s going to double down on his conduct. Continue to claim he did nothing wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are massive disruptions at the courthouse, with MAGAs protesting and swatting (maybe even a 1/6 repeat at the sentencing).

It’s going to be hard for Merchan to watch the next five weeks and not sentence with that in mind. As he should, and as he would for any other convicted felon.

Wouldn't that impact his appeal process as well?

People are generally taking the line that he'll get out of this on appeal, but I don't know that it's actually true given (from everything I've heard) the strength of the case and the professionalism of the prosecution team... let alone anything he does or says between now and that point in time.

5 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Biden pardoning Trump?

**** no!

And there is no such universe where Trump declines to run himself.

It doesn't exist.

True, it ain't going to happen.

A podcast I occasionally listen two from a historical perspective floated this scenario several months ago.

I agree Trump would never agree.

27 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm sure Larry Hogan would rather lose than sell out to Trump.   Dude has a spine. 

He really doesn't. He's trying to win a state that Biden won by 30. Maryland is about the bluest state in the country. 

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

OK, so, one sober thought here …

They will appeal this all the way to Trump’s Supreme Court of the United States.

By the time it gets to SCOTUS, it won't be his anymore. Biden will pack the court to stop all the MAGAs after he wins re-election. Book it...

• Haha 1