4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Sweetness!

I am not going out on a limb by predicting that there will be a track called 34 on the next album.  Hell, there may be a single dropped this weekend.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Pearl Jam hits the stage in Seattle in about an hour.  I’m sure that Ed will have plenty to say about today’s events.  He wrote a song about Trump on their new album.

It’s called Wreckage. 

HA.   I just moved that into "A" rotation this week on our station.     

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, casimir said:

I am not going out on a limb by predicting that there will be a track called 34 on the next album.  Hell, there may be a single dropped this weekend.

It'll just be a punk rock/Husker Du-ish speed-rock song of Eddie singing "Guilty" 34 times.     That's it, that's the song. 

Posted (edited)

Yesterday was a massive black swan event in American history and yet...no word about it at work today.  No water cooler talk at all.  Because its a hot Potato that can cause you no end of grief to get into an argument with the lunatics who follow him. 

Edited by romad1

I just wanted to mock him so much on the air yesterday.   This all broke when I was on my on-air shift, but we are a music station and I am not stepping on that third rail - even in very liberal Ann Arbor.      Maybe I can break out Was (Not Was) - even though there's no way he's going to jail.  It's gonna be house arrest.   But where?  It is a New York crime.   The state will want him under house arrest there - which won't be as friendly as Florida.   I am sure they are negotiating a Mar A Lago deal for him right now

Florida wouldn't have found him guilty.  They couldn't even convict Casey Anthony - who didn't look for her child for 31 days, because she already knew she was dead.   Pet owners - when your dog runs away, do you wait 31 days to find them?  And that's a dog.   Florida would have thrown him a party.   They probably still will.  They'll have a ****ing parade for him.  

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Yesterday was a massive black swan event in American history and yet...no word about it at work today.  No water cooler talk at all.  Because its a hot Potato that can cause you no end of grief to get into an argument with the lunatics who follow him. 

We have enough to do at our job.   

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That's pretty racist, Chris.   Be better than this. 

Especially because we know this guy would jump through every loophole he could to set him free...

image.jpeg.f5764e587a3a567c807a7391833a54b9.jpeg

Here is a scenario I can see happening. 

They allow him to go back to Florida. 

He refuses to come back to NY for sentencing

The Marshalls go down to get him

DeSantis surrounds Mar-A-Lago with the Florida National Guard. 

I can totally see that happening.    Can you? 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Here is a scenario I can see happening. 

They allow him to go back to Florida. 

He refuses to come back to NY for sentencing

The Marshalls go down to get him

DeSantis surrounds Mar-A-Lago with the Florida National Guard. 

I can totally see that happening.    Can you? 

were there edibles involved in this scenario imagining?   I would love to see that.  It makes it hard for DeSantis to be the agent of the rule of law that he wants a future in the GOP. 

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

Assuming they won't appeal Trump because they are all Black is racist as Hell.    Now if you want to show that there really isn't anything that can be appealed, that's another thing altogether.    Not saying Chris is being an overt racist, but this is a form of racism too.    Assuming anyone who is different from you is going to feel the same way is racist.   I just did it too by posting about Asian women supporting a Republican.   I don't get it since they seem to be very anti-Asian, but I made the assumption they should all hate him.   They don't.  

Just now, romad1 said:

were there edibles involved in this scenario imagining?   I would love to see that.  It makes it hard for DeSantis to be the agent of the rule of law that he wants a future in the GOP. 

No.  It's morning.  I don't do that stuff during the day.   That's night time stuff.   I need to be sharp and focused during the day.  Kratom is for daytime.   But that's not really much more than caffeine.  

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The only thing regarding law that this Republican party cares about is being able to absolutely make law with no opposition.   They want to get rid of the Constitution.    This Republican Party would love DeSantis if he did that. 

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

The only thing regarding law that this Republican party cares about is being able to absolutely make law with no opposition.   They want to get rid of the Constitution.    This Republican Party would love DeSantis if he did that. 

He's so conflicted.  He wants the future to be a boot on the face of Mickey Mouse crushing the different and the Other for eternity. 

‘If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – for ever.’  O'Brien from 1984