4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

I wonder if this were still Earth 1.0 and not the mutated version where a bunch of dogmatic pricks control the SOTUS, if the sudden development that POTUS was a convicted felon would drive them ruling on his immunity case in a timely manner because of the precedent that he is in fact a convicted ****er

14 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

There have got to be some Trump voters out there who can comprehend that this was a jury of his peers right? That this was the jury his attorneys agreed on? That this verdict was unanimous? That even one hold out could have made him not a felon, and died a MAGA hero?

Probably not. Still a good day.

Watching the process through their media and listening to how they framed everything, I don’t think there are too many. Even once the verdict how come in and we were waiting on the results, Fox had analysts on there prepping us for a travesty of justice, and they only escalated it to idiotic proportions once the verdicts were actually read. Newsmax did not even stop short of fomenting a violent uprising among their viewers in response to the verdict.

14 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Nikki Haley picked the worst time to endorse Trump.

And now she’s going to make a public show of going full Red Hat by excoriating the verdict and insisting the Soros-backed justice system is irretrievably broken and must be broken down and remade until President Trump.

14 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I know the voting restriction in Florida was debunked, but I wonder how other countries will react. He’s not allowed in Canada, Japan, or Australia with a felony.

I promise you Trump has zero interest in going to Canada, Japan, or Australia.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

In the very short term, I don't see the issue with keeping their powder dry.... I don't know how any of this ultimately will play out.

And I'd be fine with PAC's and other indirect-campaign attachments doing the hammering.

The Lincoln Project needs to bring out their sledge-hammer.

State, Congressional, and especially Senatorial Dems need to hammer at both Trump and this current corrupted version of the Republican Party with a daily barrage of hammering this point home.

Both Trump, and his chosen Party, are corrupt, criminal, fascist liars, hot potato garbage that needs to be excised from our Democracy.

IMO.

Edited by 1984Echoes

My two takeaways this morning.

1) Much like Nixon and Watergate, it was the coverup that sunk Trump. 
2) If he would have kept it in his pants (several times), he wouldn't be facing these issues.

Nothing about the deep state plays into this...

13 hours ago, mtutiger said:

What a terrible ****ing argument when taken to it's logical end. Basically means that politicians should just do all the crimin they want.

The Red Hat Theory of Presidential Immunity says it's not a crime when Trump does it, which is going to get tested in fron of SCODT.

2 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

2) If he would have kept it in his pants (several times), he wouldn't be facing these issues.

Agreed, and I'll add one more:

3) I think it speaks volumes that none of his defenders in media this morning (at least that I've seen) are saying he is innoncent and are, instead, attacking the fact that this case was brought

14 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

10 Commandments List

Just going to put this here for the religious right.  Of note, a few of the 10 have been broken directly, and a few have been broken indirectly.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Watching the process through their media and listening to how they framed everything, I don’t think there are too many. Even once the verdict how come in and we were waiting on the results, Fox had analysts on there prepping us for a travesty of justice, and they only escalated it to idiotic proportions once the verdicts were actually read. Newsmax did not even stop short of fomenting a violent uprising among their viewers in response to the verdict.

Even if there are a few though - particularly a few in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Georgia - it could make a difference. I agree that this is not some whole scale change. It never was going to be. But it could be a slight change in the margins. And slight changes in the margins may decide this election.

I don't think he's gaining supporters by being a convicted felon.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Sweetness!

OK, maybe I can start liking Eddie Vedder again ... 😏

The funny part to me is that, at least within the first seven hours of the tweet, @Hongbit got more likes on this post than the tweeter got on his tweet.

Edited by chasfh

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It'll just be a punk rock/Husker Du-ish speed-rock song of Eddie singing "Guilty" 34 times.     That's it, that's the song. 

It still won't be as good as the Imani Gandy joint a couple posts above yours

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

The media's going to give him free air time airing his unhinged presser later today aren't they?

Well, to be fair, he is the presumptive Republican nominee for president ...

32 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Agreed, and I'll add one more:

3) I think it speaks volumes that none of his defenders in media this morning (at least that I've seen) are saying he is innoncent and are, instead, attacking the fact that this case was brought

And he basically dared them to.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Here is a scenario I can see happening. 

They allow him to go back to Florida. 

He refuses to come back to NY for sentencing

The Marshalls go down to get him

DeSantis surrounds Mar-A-Lago with the Florida National Guard. 

I can totally see that happening.    Can you? 

This could be at the far end of the range of outcomes, I suppose, although Biden could merely federalize the Florida National Guard and order them to stand down. So DeSantis would have to know going in that it would be strictly a grandstanding move virtual-signaling to red hats in advance of the election.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Many people who vote for Trump are culturally conditioned to not blame the man when there's cheating going on. They blame the jezebels who lure good men away from their wives with their satanic feminine wiles.