4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

23 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Even if there are a few though - particularly a few in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Georgia - it could make a difference. I agree that this is not some whole scale change. It never was going to be. But it could be a slight change in the margins. And slight changes in the margins may decide this election.

I don't think he's gaining supporters by being a convicted felon.

People are going to focus on Trump supporters or whether any persuasion comes off of this, but the biggest impact potentially comes from Biden's base, IMO. 

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

This could be at the far end of the range of outcomes, I suppose, although Biden could merely federalize the Florida National Guard and order them to stand down. So DeSantis would have to know going in that it would be strictly a grandstanding move virtual-signaling to red hats in advance of the election.

It's all about how it LOOKS.   He knows he couldn't really stop it and he freaking hates Trump personally.     It was like George Wallace standing in front of the University to block the Black students from getting in.   He knew he wouldn't win that, it was all a show.  

Someone was whining to me about it at lunch.  And I quote said person: "But we knew he was a crook!".  I was ill prepared for a follow up, and so I raised me eyebrows and let the silence take over to allow that comment to sort of try to seep in.

JVL this morning

It would be nice to believe that a felony conviction will cause the scales to fall from the eyes of American voters. That over the next 20 weeks the public will realize that Donald Trump is manifestly unfit for office.

But we wake up this morning and the American people are still the same people.

55 percent of them think the economy is shrinking, when we’re actually the envy of the world.

49 percent think the stock market is down when it’s at historic highs.

49 percent think unemployment is at a 50-year high, when it’s at one of the lowest sustained levels, ever.

These are not the views of people who live in the real world. They are the views of a decadent people who believe that they have the luxury to play make-believe with political life.

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/trump-is-a-convicted-felon-but-the?utm_source=substack&publication_id=87281&post_id=145162353&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&utm_campaign=email-share&triggerShare=true&isFreemail=false&r=45wcm&triedRedirect=true

More JVL (see link above)

One of the things anti-anti-Trump people have said is that it is “a sad day” to see a former president and current presidential candidate convicted of a felony and that it is dangerous to have a presidential candidate being pursued by the criminal justice system.

I agree, actually.

It is sad to see a former president become a convicted felon. It is a dangerous precedent that has been set. Do you know why we are in this sad and dangerous position?

Because Americans elected a criminal.

It isn’t Alvin Bragg or Joe Biden that brought us to this place. We are here because—and only because—of the actions of Donald J. Trump. And the people who are tut-tutting are basically saying that it’s the rule of law’s fault for wearing a red dress to the bar on a Saturday night.

• Thanks 1

Trump is a narcissist and having a jury say he is guilty must be sending his rage through the roof. He's not in touch with reality and the more reality punches him in the face, the more unhinged he will get. No matter what he's sentenced to, he will be furious. Imagine Trump doing community service.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Trump is a narcissist and having a jury say he is guilty must be sending his rage through the roof. He's not in touch with reality and the more reality punches him in the face, the more unhinged he will get. No matter what he's sentenced to, he will be furious. Imagine Trump doing community service.

But he's totally innocent, of anything, ever. Ask anybody. Everyone knows it's political, every legal scholar says no charges should ever have been brought. At least, that's what the orange menace has been saying...

12 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

But he's totally innocent, of anything, ever. Ask anybody. Everyone knows it's political, every legal scholar says no charges should ever have been brought. At least, that's what the orange menace has been saying...

I wish the Biden campaign would focus on Trump being a narcissist and educating people about narcissism. You can find so much evidence in what Trump says and does that shows he only cares about himself, he's never wrong, it's everyone else's fault, he accuses other people of what he is guilty of (the I know you are but what am I defense), he's out of touch with reality and he's enraged if he's called out on anything. He has no feelings, no remorse, no values and no ethics. He projects what he thinks people want him to be. Inside he is a vulnerable, immature kid who is afraid of everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

I wish the Biden campaign would focus on Trump being a narcissist and educating people about narcissism. You can find so much evidence in what Trump says and does that shows he only cares about himself, he's never wrong, it's everyone else's fault, he accuses other people of what he is guilty of (the I know you are but what am I defense), he's out of touch with reality and he's enraged if he's called out on anything. He has no feelings, no remorse, no values and no ethics. He projects what he thinks people want him to be. Inside he is a vulnerable, immature kid who is afraid of everything.

And 40% of the country completely falls for it.  I's mind boggling.  

31 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

This is a really good context to look at our relationship with him through.... it's an abusive relationship that we, as a country, are unable to break out of.

We have all these debates about whether or not he's downstream of partisan media outlets or social media or what have you, but nobody (on either side of the political spectrum) has the kind of hold that he does on such a large part of the country. And it reads almost like a codependency.... its why it gives off "cult" vibes.