Red Wings 2024 Off-Season Thread

19 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Who do we think they use a buyout on at this point, if anyone? I know the Wallman trade sorta acted as a buyout already, but who is the most likely candidate? I know we always talk about Holl and Petry, for good reason too. However, could Andrew Copp be a dark horse candidate to be bought out and replaced with Kasper, Danielson, or a free agent signing?

i dont think they will buy anyone out at this point.

13 hours ago, buddha said:

i dont think they will buy anyone out at this point.

Trouba in Wallman out is 1 for 1, but if Johansson makes the team and assuming Edvinsson is in at this point that puts them a little long on Dmen I think......

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Trouba in Wallman out is 1 for 1, but if Johansson makes the team and assuming Edvinsson is in at this point that puts them a little long on Dmen I think......

That's why I say: "Give 'em Petry!"

It won't happen... but I'm holding out for a shocker like that...

If it were to happen: Petry has 1 year left and Holl 2 so Rangers would go with the shorter term.

Holl as 3rd pair is perfectly fine with me. I don't know what the 2023-24 problem was with him; but I don't care.

54 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

That's why I say: "Give 'em Petry!"

It won't happen... but I'm holding out for a shocker like that...

If it were to happen: Petry has 1 year left and Holl 2 so Rangers would go with the shorter term.

Holl as 3rd pair is perfectly fine with me. I don't know what the 2023-24 problem was with him; but I don't care.

why would the rangers want petry?

36 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Good for the Wings if so, surprising Kane would agree to that. 

Maybe Kane just really wants to be .500 lol. In all seriousness, considering he could have probably gotten more money from someone else or gone to a Cup contender, I am shocked he chose to return. This is very welcome news though.

Posted (edited)

Great work on the contract honestly. Only $4 million will count against the cap this season and whatever he earns versus leftover cap at the end of the season rolls to next year when the cap jumps. He has a lot of incentive to make the playoffs too.  Love that it is only one year.  They had to get it done when I was on the ice after refreshing twitter all day 😂

Now I hope they sure up their defense somehow. They still have a decent amount of forwards with questionable defense, and if they add Stamkos that doesn’t get better. Would love to see Roy. Maybe Walker? Trouba doesn’t seem to want to be here.  Should be interesting.

Edited by slothfacekilla

6 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Great work on the contract honestly. Only $4 million will count against the cap this season and whatever he earns versus leftover cap at the end of the season rolls to next year when the cap jumps. He has a lot of incentive to make the playoffs too.  Love that it is only one year.  They had to get it done when I was on the ice after refreshing twitter all day 😂

Now I hope they sure up their defense somehow. They still have a decent amount of forwards with questionable defense, and if they add Stamkos that doesn’t get better. Would love to see Roy. Maybe Walker? Trouba doesn’t seem to want to be here.  Should be interesting.

tells me that no one else would offer him term.  he's over 35 and theyre still worried about regression.  

that's a steal for detroit if he plays the way he played last year.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, buddha said:

if he doesnt want to be here dont make the mistake of trading for him.

Vaguish stories floating around about "serious family concerns."  I don't know if that's just code for the SO not wanting to leave the big Apple or if they think all the schools in the US outside Westchester Co are the blackboard jungle.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Just curious... Scale of 1 to 10, how good is Trouba? (In your opinion.)

If he's a 7 or above, he's a needle mover in the right direction no?

5-6

still an ok player past his prime, but brings a physical presence that they lack.  makes a lot of mistakes because he goes for the big hit all the time.  dirty player.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

5-6

still an ok player past his prime, but brings a physical presence that they lack.  makes a lot of mistakes because he goes for the big hit all the time.  dirty player.

If this is the case, I really hope we don't give up a lot.... 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, buddha said:

5-6

He definitely fell off a little last year, though that could just that he played hurt some....

Funny thing is one story said the Rangers were moving Trouba to clear cap space and they wanted Kane. Ooops.

Edited by gehringer_2