Red Wings 2024 Off-Season Thread

Matt Roy getting 7 years is 🤢. I like Matt Roy, but that is a deal they are going to regret in years 5-6-7 of the deal. Washington frankly should have hit the reset button and started their rebuild. Instead, they're doing what Kenny did here circa 2014-2017 and trying to fend off the inevitable decline of an aging team with aging stars.

10 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Ugh Roy to Washington, guess they think they can compete again

I really was hoping to get Matt Roy, but not on a 7 year deal. I wanted a 4 or 5 year deal at very most. I really think Washington is going to rue the day in years 5-6-7 of that deal when Roy is 35+ and his play is declining.

1 minute ago, Shinzaki said:

Peron gets 4mil a year?  Wow...seems steep.  Wouldn't mind signing Tarasenko

Ya I liked him around the team but woof that contract.  Which is interesting because I thought they traded Chychrun for not much so they would have cap space to sign Pinto.

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

Maybe Stevie has a big trade that nobody saw coming in his back pocket.

They might be waiting for Trouba to make up his mind to see how much space they have?  Some of these deals are wild so I don't mind them sitting them out for now....

Well there is the goalie partner for Lyon.  I actually am a big fan of Talbot, my best friend is a hockey writer and I get to hear stories about how his interviews go, etc.  Talbot was apparently really cool to him and cognizant about my friend's time.....which usually no one really is.  So I'm rooting for him, had some solid stretches last year too.

2 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

They might be waiting for Trouba to make up his mind to see how much space they have?  Some of these deals are wild so I don't mind them sitting them out for now....

There are a lot of overpays and extra years but the cap keeps going up and buyout options do exist down the road.   They have the cap space to make some moves so I’d rather a slight overpay that sit around and watch everyone else get better.    

Lindholm to the Bruins sucks if he bounces back to the player he's been most of his career. It sucks for us as Red Wing fans because he's now in our division on one if its best teams. Every year for the past two seasons I've predicted the downfall of the Boston Bruins and that they'd take a step back. I'm done predicting that now.