Project Autocracy

romad1

1 minute ago, oblong said:

Cookeville is where my family is from.  My ancestors have been there since the civil war.  What makes C-Ville so great is having TN Tech there so you get that crowd. 

And they've really changed the downtown area.  But if they didn't have that it wouldn't be special.  And like everywhere else, what once was land is now a subdivision.  But without my aunts and uncles nad cousins... Cookeville wouldn't have any reason for me to be there other than to visit cemetaries. 

That was part of the initial draw. We boarded the dog for a couple of nights. When we mentioned to the woman who checked us in that we were in for the concerts and a bit of exploring she said "You ought to move here, we have a University, a symphony ......" We did some exploring of the downtown area and put it on our list.

It's a nice place to visit. We still had a few years before "retirement". It's kind of like dating. Once you knew, you knew.