5/12/24 1:40PM Astros @ Tigers

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Giving up two runs with this offense? Take your L.

I think we are at the point today where pitchers at too reluctant to walk guys when they should be willing to. Flaherty had pretty much llost that AB at 2-0, completely at 3-0, tip your hat and the give the batter 1st base and live to fight the next bat

37 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I just looked it up, and pink bats on Mother’s Day were first used in 2006, which is even longer ago, and if I’m not mistaken, the only player in the majors today who also played in 2006 was Justin Verlander, who, either for nothing or not for nothing, is not sporting even a stitch of pink anywhere on his person. At least not visibly. 😁

Hold on, Verlander has top seniority among active MLB players?  I hadn’t thought of that, but I guess it makes sense.  Damn I’m old.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Another good start by Flaherty. Him and Olson are two of the lowest in run support.

Verlander when the curve ball is on is no sin to have trouble against, but that's no excuse for all the other poor offensive days.

Posted (edited)

Interesting contrast - Verlander did give in to Torkelson with the middle-middle FB but Took couldn't get on top of it.

EDIT: could get high enough on the line drive either......

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This was constructed as an 80 win team. That total goes up if their hitting improves; It goes down if they have major pitching injuries. I think we now have a pretty good read on how this will end up.

And the division is much better than we thought; They will not be competitive unless the offense improves.

Edited by kdog