2024 NBA Draft Prelude

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I've been talking about that guy for a while now as someone I'd love to see us trade down and grab. I doubt he even works out for us now if he has a promise from a real organization.

He's going to make an All-Rookie team.

34 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I've been talking about that guy for a while now as someone I'd love to see us trade down and grab. I doubt he even works out for us now if he has a promise from a real organization.

then take him at 5.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

then take him at 5.

In this draft, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. Once Sarr, Risacher, and Sheppard are gone I'm not sure there's much difference between 4-12. Someone will come out of that group, but it's a total crap shoot.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Betrayer said:

He's a baller and really clutch, he was the only reason Providence had any relevance. I always wondered why he didn't get more draft buzz. I don't think he's a fit for the Pistons because he's better with the ball in his hands but he's a lottery talent in this draft.

Edited by NYLion

22 minutes ago, NYLion said:

He's a baller and really clutch, he was the only reason Providence had any relevance. I always wondered why he didn't get more draft buzz. I don't think he's a fit for the Pistons because he's better with the ball in his hands but he's a lottery talent in this draft.

I hear ya, but I'll take a 3 and D guard that can handle all the secondary ball handling duties and be staggered to run the bench when Cade sits. Especially if he's got that Heat culture mentality as most people are saying. Feels like the perfect fit to me. Everything we wanted Ivey to be but now know he won't be because he doesn't do the 3 or the D and his turnover rate is higher than Cade's.

17 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Two weeks away from the draft.  Hard to remember a draft with less hype than this one.  Maybe I am not looking for the info as much as I did in the past.  

You're definitely right. I consume all the Piston's podcast/youtube content out there and there isn't much hype at all. And with the team keeping everyone in a holding pattern for so long on a press conference or any news about Monty, there really isn't much to talk about on any front.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Two weeks away from the draft.  Hard to remember a draft with less hype than this one.  Maybe I am not looking for the info as much as I did in the past.  

The draft sucks, it's as simple as that.

I don't recall a draft when there was not one prospect you can point to and say that they'd be a surefire top 5 pick in previous drafts. Just look at last years' draft for instance. Is Sarr a better prospect than the Thompson twins? I don't know, maybe, but I can't say for sure that Sarr is better going into the draft. There's going to be good players coming out of this draft and maybe a franchise player or two because...who knows... but none of these guys outside of 23 year old Knecht and little guards Sheppard and Dillingham did much to raise their profile in their draft year. All the previously hyped guys either flatlined or regressed from their high school/international hype.

Edited by NYLion

• 2 weeks later...

vecine's draft rankings are out.

tier i: 0 prospects

tier 2: 0 prospects

tier 3: sarr, sheppard, castle, clingan, risacher

tier 4: williams, carter, carrington, knecht, holland, salaune, buzelis, topic, mccain, dillingham.

a depressing read.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buddha said:

vecine's draft rankings are out.

tier i: 0 prospects

tier 2: 0 prospects

tier 3: sarr, sheppard, castle, clingan, risacher

tier 4: williams, carter, carrington, knecht, holland, salaune, buzelis, topic, mccain, dillingham.

a depressing read.

Carter's still my guy. I'm expecting us to move down in the draft, so maybe you get him a few picks later, but honestly I might just take him at 5 in this draft if Sarr, Risacher, and Sheppard are off the board as expected.

Here's Sam talking about him in a recent video:

7 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Carter's still my guy. I'm expecting us to move down in the draft, so maybe you get him a few picks later, but honestly I might just take him at 5 in this draft if Sarr, Risacher, and Sheppard are off the board as expected.

i like carter too.

i also like clingan, williams, castle, and holland.

cant wait to see who we pick 5th in next year's draft.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

i like carter too.

i also like clingan, williams, castle, and holland.

cant wait to see who we pick 5th in next year's draft.

Could Clingan and Duren be on the floor at the same time or would you move Duren?

19 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Who is gonna trade up?