5/22/24 2:10PM Tigers @ Royals

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I remember someone suggested it might be good to see 10 more games from Keith before sending him down....

:classic_biggrin:

He's been really good. Just need to lose the homer virginity now.

20 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Out of what? Despite this week, they are still only 2 games out of the final playoff spot. Contending for the division looks unlikely, but there are still more than 100 games to play. 

They only get to play the White Sox so many more times. 

27 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow.    Season just ended this week.  The rest is pointless.     Again before Memorial Day.   Couldn't even get us to the 4th of July.   How many years in a row is this team going to be out of it before the first day of Summer.    Yeah, yeah, I know "evaluation"  "rebuilding" "young team".    Sorry,  I'm ****ing sick of it.   

You forgot "runway"..get with it.

28 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

So now you have a player losing his cool, a manager showing up said player on the field. This bodes well for clubhouse comity.

Exactly so let Lange loose now and Hinch at the close of the year but yikes I forgot he got an extension for not winning anything. Kind of like the cat that got 26 million who had never played one inning in the big leagues and did not have a position he could play. Well I guess he's doing ok at second unless you require your second baseman to turn double plays. But what's an extra out or a few rallies between buds.

2 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Note to self: Canha and Urshela are not big league hitters 🙄

They may be big league hitters but only on a bottom feeding team. They fit right in on the Tigers where not much is expected of them.

6 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Exactly so let Lange loose now and Hinch at the close of the year but yikes I forgot he got an extension for not winning anything. Kind of like the cat that got 26 million who had never played one inning in the big leagues and did not have a position he could play. Well I guess he's doing ok at second unless you require your second baseman to turn double plays. But what's an extra out or a few rallies between buds.

What if I told you Keith has an OPS of almost .900 the last 15 games and he is 74th percentile in range for a 2B. He is still learning the position but let's not act like he's been terrible out there.

2 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

but I thought Canha was going show the kids how to be a professional hitter?

I'll be honest I never followed that logic because if that was actually a thing all those years with Miggy we would have had a murderers row every year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

What if I told you Keith has an OPS of almost .900 the last 15 games and he is 74th percentile in range for a 2B. He is still learning the position but let's not act like he's been terrible out there.

I see tons of potential from him. He'll be close to hitting .300 by season end, IMO. He really is the least of our problems. But let's look at 1st base, SS, 3rd base, CF and RF. We have players we put out there but players to build around? Nope.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

They may be big league hitters but only on a bottom feeding team. They fit right in on the Tigers where not much is expected of them.

I'll have to disagree with this at least for Urshela but people want to act like they did nothing to improve the team over the off season which is not true. 

1 minute ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I'll be honest I never followed that logic because if that was actually a thing all those years with Miggy we would have had a murderers row every year.

It was pure Tiger management lip service. Just like the Tiger employees in the booth have an excuse for every Tiger player who stinks in a game. A hangnail, blister, bad hop, bad umpires...it gets real old real fast. These clowns are TIGER EMPLOYEES.

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The best thing I heard about him last off-season was he was really good at getting hit by pitches. 🤣🤣

Hence, “a grinder.”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I'll have to disagree with this at least for Urshela but people want to act like they did nothing to improve the team over the off season which is not true. 

They also added Flaherty, Canha and Chafin.  Maeda too, although he hasn't helped so far.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

They also added Flaherty, Canha and Chafin.  Maeda too, although he hasn't helped so far.  

Flaherty has been the star pick up but it seems like hes likely to be moved at the deadline

2 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

They didn't do enough. Last two seasons, Tiger fans were all excited by the fact that Miggys huge contract was coming off the books and we could go out and get some quality players. This season, we hear that we need to evaluate what we have in the young players before we can spend. Next year it will be more of the same with a young 3rd baseman possibly coming up and some fresh arms possibly coming up. So our payroll is half of what it was when we contended, did they lower ticket prices? Lip service and excuses only work for so long when other teams rebuild and pass you by. What will Tiger management say next season when the White Sox pass us? It's all Al Avila's fault? 

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I see tons of potential from him. He'll be close to hitting .300 by season end, IMO. He really is the least of our problems. But let's look at 1st base, SS, 3rd base, CF and RF. We have players we put out there but players to build around? Nope.

the problem with this line up is there's too many Colt Kieth's. although a solid singles hitter, the Tigers have to scrape three singles together to get a run. that's tough to do to win a lot of games. they did it earlier, but most teams have guys who can score in bunches with power. Big difference.

• Like 1