5/23 6:40PM Blue Jays @ Tigers

17 minutes ago, casimir said:

Well, there's also more pitcher availability to take Lange's place than there is shortstop availability to replace Baez.

Baez isn't going to make it to the end of his contract.  He'll be cut if this continues.  It'll be a matter of when and not if.

Didn't Lange and Hinch get into on the mound yesterday?

11 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Didn't Lange and Hinch get into on the mound yesterday?

I thin it was more of a monologue than a dialogue.  It was immediately shocking to see Hinch strolling to the mound given it was the first visit by a coach for Lange and he wasn't accompanied by a trainer.  That first visit is always Fetter.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.  Maybe its purely mechanics.  Maybe its more than just that.  But I am reading into yesterday's visit and thinking the demotion is not purely mechanics.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

TBF. Carpenter went outside the system for his hitting support....

Wasn't it more than Kerry? Hasn't it also been Parker Meadows and Gage Workman who went outside the Org to get their swings/ stance fixed? I think it was even Carpenter's guy they went to...?

With, ummm, mixed results I believe.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It was a come to Jesus moment.

The situation reminds me a little bit of the Javy baserunning ****up last year in Toronto where he ended up getting yanked.

Similarly, AJ/Brass really didn't have much of a choice, both in terms of performance and in terms of temperament in this case. Especially with Lange who has options and needing to get back on track.

Edited by mtutiger

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The situation reminds me a little bit of the Javy baserunning ****up last year in Toronto where he ended up getting yanked.

Similarly, AJ/Brass really didn't have much of a choice, both in terms of performance and in terms of temperament in this case. Especially with Lange who has options and needing to get back on track.

Give his inexorable decline the last few years, I wouldn’t be shocked to see he’s coming to the end of the road. Most relieving have a short shelf life when it comes to dominance.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Wasn't it more than Kerry? Hasn't it also been Parker Meadows and Gage Workman who went outside the Org to get their swings/ stance fixed? I think it was even Carpenter's guy they went to...?

With, ummm, mixed results I believe.

With player salaries as high as they are for both MLB and early draft pick players it's a growth industry. And each will have some big success with some guy or two ("I fixed Aaron Judge!") that will be the core of their marketing. But you notice that no matter what they come up with it ends up working for a few guys, but nothing ever catches on all across baseball. You can go back to Charlie Lau with the Royals. After Brett turned into a batting champ everyone want to hit like him, but Charlie's methods didn't work for everyone either. I don't there is or is likely to be any such method that you will be able to apply to any large numbers of hitters. Every hitter is as unique as his individual body, eyes and brain.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Jason said something about a power outage issue in Detroit? Maybe the Tigers didn't pay the electric bill? 😅😅

The money for the new hire had to come from somewhere.

• Haha 1