5/23 6:40PM Blue Jays @ Tigers

21 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Fire both AJ Hinch and Joey Cora.

If Hinch stands up in the post game and says "It took a perfect throw" I'm going to be hard pressed not to throw something at the screen. That's what Keirmaier does.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

If Hinch stands up in the post game and says "It took a perfect throw" I'm going to be hard pressed not to throw something at the screen. That's what Keirmaier does.

He said we were competitive in all 3 KC games. I'm not sure which games he was watching.

6 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Hinch is sabotaged by having Miggy and Javy on his rosters and that's on Ilitch.

Also on Harris for accepting the job that he has while also allowing Chris to basically make him keep Harvy...if Scott had any actuall balls/integrity, he'd tell Chris "it's either me or Harvy, Chris", but we all know Scott's just a lapdog for Chris.

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

He said we were competitive in all 3 KC games. I'm not sure which games he 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

3 hits today. 

But - the hitting approach and hitting coaches are just fine.   No need to make changes.   Everything's just fine.  

Bad results. Good process. That’s what AJ says anyway.

When you let your organization rot so long, it's going to take a few cracks at rebuilding to get it turned around. Harris better have stomach for what needs to be done. You can't half measure your way out of this.

• Like 2

What's even more sad about this current org is that they've basically become the Tigers version of the WCF Lions: no passion, and helmed by a bunch of yes-men for the owner....at least now the Lions have an actual owner that yerns to win and has passion and hires people who dont simply kiss her ass whilst having a bad, bland, milqtoast product that acts like it's above reproach.  This Tigers org is a complete ****show klusterfuk dumpster fire full of disingenuous dog vomit...the Matt Millen Lions years would be proud!

So another summer without competitive baseball. I do believe this team is on the way down as far as wins vs losses. .500 ball may not be realistic. Year after year after year…

Ilitch needs to let Harris do his job, find an upgrade at shortstop and dump Javy. This team will be in a downward spiral until accountability becomes a priority. It's a horrible example they are setting for these kids. Loser mentality up and down the roster.

4 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Ilitch needs to let Harris do his job, find an upgrade at shortstop and dump Javy. This team will be in a downward spiral until accountability becomes a priority. It's a horrible example they are setting for these kids. Loser mentality up and down the roster.

Exactly right. As a Lions fan, I've seen that loser mentality. They're teaching these guys to accept failure. A "losing culture" to give it a name. And I think that finally having success with the Lions, it makes the Tigers failures stand out that much more. As fans, we refuse to accept losing. Ditch Javy and Tork and fire Hinch. We need a manager to yell, scream and start a fire under these guys, like Leyland did back in '06. I know it won't happen, it's just my opinion.

Posted (edited)

He cleaned up the semantics on the 'competitiveness' dialogue. They are trying hard and preparing...but as Hinch said they can't do anything to fastballs in the zone. That's the entire story.

Edited by kdog

41 minutes ago, casimir said:

If they quit on the manager because a relief pitcher that is clearly in need of a demotion got a stern talking to from the manager, then what are we even doing here?  Ship ‘em all out.

If/when they quit, it will not be because of Lange, it will either be because they have lost trust that the way the team is run is helping them win and/or that the situation in the clubhouse has become so joyless that no-one wants to come to work.

• Like 1