5/24/24 6:40PM Blue Jays @ Tigers

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Now.....maybe the monkey is off his back a bit and he can relax a bit.  He's been hitting the ball hard for a few weeks now.  He seems to be the only guy in the lineup that has been improving.     Perez has been pretty solid, but not improving. 

His struggles to start the season may make him a better player. Now he knows he'll come out of it and maybe in future slumps, he won't press as much. Maybe...

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Can he play 1st base? ...

I would actually be interested to know whether Ryan Vilade or Colt Keith can play 1st.

Tork can go reset his bat in Toledo, along with Meadows...

As long as 1 of Keith or Vilade can play 1st and the other can stay at 2B.

Vilade is only 25... I'm interested in seeing what he could do with an extended run in MLB.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

... Maeda is what he is.

An underrated pitcher.

Career 1.15 WHIP. Pretty good.

1.17 WHIP last year. Pretty good.

Gets his ass kicked every single April... as we've already seen. And then does really well for the rest of the season. This year, he already has game logs of: 6 inn's 1 ER, 6 inn's 1 ER, and 5 Inn's 0ER. Hmmm... and it appears he's not doing so badly today: 4 innings so far, 0 ER's.

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

An underrated pitcher.

Gets his ass kicked every single April... as we've already seen. And then does really well for the rest of the season. This year, he already has game logs of: 6 inn's 1 ER, 6 inn's 1 ER, and 5 Inn's 0ER. Hmmm... and it appears he's not doing so badly today: 4 innings so far, 0 ER's.

PS: I hope I didn't just jinx him...

48 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I have to pirate every game and always end up with the home teams announcers. I much prefer road games. Both Gibson and Monroe are amongst the worst announcers.

Gibson's announcing makes baseball about as exciting as Joe Buck's announcing makes football exciting.

Gibson has no energy, no inflection in his voice.  My god he is awful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Gibson's announcing makes baseball about as exciting as Joe Buck's announcing makes football exciting.

Gibson has no energy, no inflection in his voice.  My god he is awful.

Yup, just a dull and monotonous voice, and he drones on too long. Painful to listen to.

37 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

An underrated pitcher.

Yeah, I guess. He's not overpowering but I guess he can be effective.

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, I guess. He's not overpowering but I guess he can be effective.

Junkballers can still be effective.

I think one of the keys to me is... can he rub off on Mize?

Whether that's by osmosis or by showing him different grips or how to be more effective with a subpar FB... If Mize could learn something from Maeda... Improve through his tutelage into a 3/4 starter that can carry a 1.15 WHIP - with the FB that he has - IMO... then that buys Maeda a seat at the table.