5/24/24 6:40PM Blue Jays @ Tigers

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

...  Perez has been pretty solid, but not improving. 

If you start out hot...

There's usually nowhere to go except...

down.

The key to me, with regards to Wenceel, is... 

Where does he end up stabilizing? Which might take a long time to find out.

16 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Keith with an .840 OPS in May coming into this one so he's starting to find his stride, unfortunately it coincides with Greene falling off a cliff offensively. 

Lead Keith off. Best hitter..most at bats. Hinch logic.

1 hour ago, tiger2022 said:

Gibson's announcing makes baseball about as exciting as Joe Buck's announcing makes football exciting.

Gibson has no energy, no inflection in his voice.  My god he is awful.

Back in the mid to late 90's, Gibson and Josh Lewin were among the best teams in baseball. Gibson was humbled  by then, and had great insights into the game. Lewin was as good and professional as they come. Gibson went into coaching/managing, Lewin moved onto Texas I believe, and we had garbage for the next 15 years. 

I have no problem with Gibson now, as he is battling his disease in the only way he probably knows how, to hit it head on and keep working. Yes, parkenins and the medicines have left him with a higher pitched voice and much slower cadence. But, he still has the insight. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

And Meadows would have caught that ball.

In a small sample size (about 54 PA's)...

Parker Meadows is hot down in Toledo with a .302 BA and 1.004 OPS (so far).

Maybe he's trying to tell Harris & Hinch "I'm sorry. Can I please come back up and play in Detroit?"

I'll be the guy that wasn't impressed by only 3 runs in the 4th.  Bases loaded with none out and the runs scored on a botched sac fly / error, a hit by pitch that got shoelaces, and an infield ground out.  No actual hits to bring runs in.  Just fortunate luck.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Keith with an .840 OPS in May coming into this one so he's starting to find his stride, unfortunately it coincides with Greene falling off a cliff offensively. 

Greene tagged one ball tonight, but the other ABs were pretty meh.

17 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Nice win—and agree that Baez would have made at least one of the plays in the 9th.  But understand why he didn’t start the inning as a defensive replacement with a 6-0 lead.

But it shows what we could expect from SS if we just released Javy. His offense is frustrating but his defense and baserunning are a plus.